LegacyGT.com

Subaru of Plano Open House

Mr. Ed

Sounds fun... did Kevin move back to DFW? It sounds like he's working at Subaru of Plano now instead of Austin?

He is, I pm'ed him yesterday when I saw he was working there again. I work next door to SoP and can see his car from our breakroom window :p

Excellent. They need him. I've been there a few times for service and, as SoA's showcase dealership, they need a bit (lot) of help.

at least I know it isn't just me.

I was starting to believe that I was a jerk or something

Today was the second time I have had them tell me they were too busy, call and set up an appointment, called and receptionist told me they were too busy and that I should call back or that I could leave a voice message. Soonest appointment was 6 or 7 days out.

The first time I stopped by because the car wasn't shifting correctly and they told me they were too busy, call back and set up an appointment. (I stressed my worries over safety concerns) I went to Arlington and the issue was taken care of while I waited. I will prolly drive out there on Monday this time again.

Today was the second time I have had them tell me they were too busy, call and set up an appointment, called and receptionist told me they were too busy and that I should call back or that I could leave a voice message. Soonest appointment was 6 or 7 days out.

The first time I stopped by because the car wasn't shifting correctly and they told me they were too busy, call back and set up an appointment. (I stressed my worries over safety concerns) I went to Arlington and the issue was taken care of while I waited. I will prolly drive out there on Monday this time again.

I've had the same excuses and, being there in person, they don't seem to know what busy is. Subaru's not exactly a top selling brand in DFW. There were virtually no customers around. A few cars in the service bay (at least a couple of which were the staff's)... They're certainly not too busy to look up and provide a friendlier face.

SoA was supposed to participate in the dealership and use it as a benchmark. Perhaps they're experimenting with the "what not to do" phase of the study. Mercedes is next door... it's probably pretty easy to learn "what to do."

Excellent. They need him. I've been there a few times for service and, as SoA's showcase dealership, they need a bit (lot) of help.

They need a lot of help.

I was just at SoP on Saturday and had a 12pm appointment for my 3k oil change. It took them an hour and 40 minutes to change my oil! There were only a couple of cars in the shop (both oil changes and the cars sat there for forever) and there were 3 mechanics just chit chatting the whole time. I was the only one actually waiting around for my car. No one was in the waiting room. When about an hour and 15 minutes went by, the parts guy asked me if I was bored yet! lol

I really hope SoA starts participating in the dealership because that was rediculous. Oh...and the guys did have plenty of time to talk about the Open House.

I went to Arlington and the issue was taken care of while I waited.

I go to Teape Subaru in Arlington as well and they've taken pretty good care of me in the past. However, Jeff, their service manager, just transferred to the other dealership in NRH. When I went in last week for the relay fan recall and other issues they dicked me over good. Phi, their master mechanic, wasn't in that day and I had some issues from previous work so they let my car sit all day and didn't even do the ECU swap! I had unmarried the AP specifically for this work so that meant I had to reinstall it if I didn't want to do without it for the weekend. Now I've got to re-unmarry it before I take it in tomorrow. We'll see how it goes this time and if they screw the pooch again I'll start going to the other Teape dealership.

I go to Teape Subaru in Arlington as well and they've taken pretty good care of me in the past. However, Jeff, their service manager, just transferred to the other dealership in NRH. When I went in last week for the relay fan recall and other issues they dicked me over good. Phi, their master mechanic, wasn't in that day and I had some issues from previous work so they let my car sit all day and didn't even do the ECU swap! I had unmarried the AP specifically for this work so that meant I had to reinstall it if I didn't want to do without it for the weekend. Now I've got to re-unmarry it before I take it in tomorrow. We'll see how it goes this time and if they screw the pooch again I'll start going to the other Teape dealership.

After dealing with Jeff for almost 2 years now (except the brief time he was gone) I will jsut start going over there to Hurst.

Dropped off the LGT this morning at 0700 at SoP for the 24k service/oil change and the fan relay service bulletin. Motored to work in a nice rental Tribeca.

Car complete and ready to go at 1000. No issues. No drama.

Ya can't go wrong with Neil. :)

He showed me one of the owner's (I think) new Spec.B with almost every Cobb bolt-on, including the front and rear brakes, with dark silver Prodrives. :eek::wub:

If you go by there check it out! Hopefully it will be at the Open House as well. That is a BEAUTIFUL and well-upgraded car.

Neil is who I used.....But, it wasn't his fault that it took an hour and forty minutes to change my oil. Glad you didn't have any issues. The 3k service was my first service at SoP and it won't stop me from giving them another shot. I sure as hell am not going to go to Huffines.

Neil is who I used.....But, it wasn't his fault that it took an hour and forty minutes to change my oil. Glad you didn't have any issues. The 3k service was my first service at SoP and it won't stop me from giving them another shot. I sure as hell am not going to go to Huffines.

Just curious, what was your bad experience(s) at huffines? What service advisor etc?

Just curious, what was your bad experience(s) at huffines? What service advisor etc?

I don't like Huffines because of their sales department. I don't have service experience with them. My SO has used them previously, though, after she bought her Tahoe from them and won't go back.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sad, I spent 5 weeks in Plano last March/April, but they were just breaking ground on SOP. I will have to go down there again to get stuff out of storage, maybe I will check it out then.

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

Got stuck at work and just got home now and I'm way too exhausted to head back out. How was it?

Good to meet you forestir, and I did see two other's there but you guys didn't stick around long. I turned around to walk over and say hey and ya were gone.

It ran waaaay late. It was near 12:30 when we locked up.....

Archived