LegacyGT.com

Fairfield drive an BBq April 15th 2007 *Date Change*

OrangeDot3083

Sorry?

One of the last update's. Sorry it took me so long for this one. I was on leave in So Cal, was not near a computer.

We have 62 Screen Names and 23 passengers on the list, plus a possible 3 more cars that are not listed at this time.

To all of the players that are bringing food and what not. I will be sending out the PM's after I finish this update.

So I was thinking about how much it is going to cost every one and it will be $3 or $4 a person. I will let every one know as soon as I have it figured out. If for some reason I don't have it posted in time or some one missed it. It would just be easier if every person had say $10 in cash on them. So whether it is $3 or $4 you have more then enough to cover it. If any one has any questions reguarding this please ask.

Ok I will push the last update through here in a couple of minutes.

I will start out by saying anyone that would like to have my cell phone can PM me for it. I just ask if/when you call start by saying who you are and why you are calling. I don’t want to play 20 questions, get straight to the point. I will check my PM’s before I leave in the morning, be advised I am leaving my place by 0645 hours.

The road conditions are going to be variable. What I mean by that is for the most part they will be dry. You will have some runoff from the hills and with that you must exercise caution.

Some one asked if they miss this one event will there be another. It all depends on what the out come of the day is. Should every thing go off with out a hitch I will do another one before I leave California.

If you have any questions PLEASE CHECK THE FIRST POST BEFORE ASKING. If it is not answered there then ask and I will be more then happy to answer.

If you have pictures or video from todays drive and BBq please post them here on this link http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161109

Here are the "official" numbers. Now I might have missed one or two cars but I doubt it. A grand total of 53 Car's and 72 people, both are records for this drive and BBq.

I will start with saying this. I HAD A BLAST! From my vantage point this went off damn near perfect. We had a little problem with the grilling spot issue thingy but we worked through it. I was given an idea by one of our attendees for the next time and we will never have the problem again! Let me say THANK YOU for being patient for everything with the waiting for the food to the little confusion we had with the parking at the end of the run.

I will be doing ONE more of these. I will need just a little bit of input from every one. I need to know if you want to do a longer drive next time. I simple yes or no will work.

I hope every one had a good time and will come to the next one I plan!

Thank you,

Jon Webber

:) hehehe. not blaming you. honestly i totally forgot. i stopped caring once i found out you weren't going to be there (couldn't show up not knowing anyone AND not having a subie). plus it was picnic day last sat. in davis so i was pretty pooped and tired on sunday.

anyways looks like i won't be able to make it to the july one. no more norcal for me cuz i'm graduating in june.

-ben

Davis is nice and all, but I miss home.

What's there to miss about home?

There aren't very many good roads to drive on, it's a concrete jungle, every bit of land has been paved over (including Lion Country Safari)...

While up here you have some GREAT roads to drive on, twisties galore, a bunch of good Scooby folks, and a good community.

:) :)

I have no Legacy! I have to go home to get one.. HAHAHA!

The Bay Area is great. I won't mind being there. I was born in SF, so I my heart will always be there. I don't doubt the roads are amazing around there (outside of the madness). I went to Stinson Beach recently and I didn't know that Infineon Raceway was only like an hour away (from Davis)! Beautiful area.

Davis, though, is too open, empty, and flat. I don't like driving forever to get somewhere. At home, everything is at my disposal. Beach, 15 min. Snowboarding (obviously not as good as Tahoe), 1 1/4 hr-2 hrs. Good shopping (yea I like shopping), really close.. Oh, and I am part of the show car scene and all the shows are in LA, so I keep missing out when I'm in school (except for the twice /yr San Mateo shows).

-ben

Archived