LegacyGT.com

What are the benefits of upgraded endlinks on an LGT?

SC GT

B4_Maniac's endlinks look cool, but I was wondering what benefits one could expect with upgraded endlinks. It's my understanding we have solid, metal endlinks, unlike the hard rubber ones that were on WRXs. How does the adjustability of the endlinks help? Thanks in advance for your comments. [img]http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2518[/img]

Generally, stiffer endlinks will change the effective rate of a swaybar. That is, because they allow the bar to act more effectively, the bar works better. I can't tell if the AVO links are adjustable per se, as much as they are malleable, to fit various swaybar/endlink distances. Kevin

The stiffer (and possibly bigger) the endlinks, the endlinks will act as part of the sway bar.. so that would make the swaybar more efficient in transferring the applied forces. If you look at our endlinks, they are literally just thin metal rods, which in comparision to the sway bars (especially when you upgrade the sways like what I did) will become the weak link. Adjustable endlinks are helpful to shorten out as much of the connection as possible. The shorter they become, the harder for them to twist/flex. Think of it in terms of torque. When you get around to actually looking at the Cusco/Vacanza rear sway bar that I have on my GT, you'll notice that I have 2 holes to use for the endlinks to bolt up to. The closer to the straighter part of the sway bar, the stiffer it gets.. the thing is that sway bars are not perfectly straight by design, they have bends in them.. it's those particular bends is what makes the sway bar weak/flexible. Another example is a paper clip: it's easy to straighten out a paper clip and it usually bends at, well, the bends first.. it's harder to bend the straighten portions of the paper clip. The advantage of having adjustable endlinks to add the convience of stiffening the effects of the sway bar (by shortening the endlink) or soften the effects of the sway bar (you would lengthen the endlink). Keefe
Keefe

During my install yesterday..(see post) we noticed that the endlinks on the GT were the same as the ones on STI... My friend also has a COBB Stage 2 STI suspension on his with uprated sways..but they didn't include endlinks.... Oh well. I am just going to put mine on anyway cuz..one..I don't realy feal like sending them back :) .

My experience with aftermarket sways and stock endlinks is they will twist like pretzels in a matter of time. Putting on just aftermarket endlinks with stock sways will result in you not feeling a damn thing in terms of difference. Beefier endlinks are not going to flex as much and transfer the force quicker to the sway bar (i.e...the stock endlinks will absorb some force before it is applied to the sway bar.) I wouldn't waste your time till your ready to do sways if you want.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Archived