LegacyGT.com

Front wheel knock - '05 LGT Wagon 5EAT

My '05 LGT 5EAT (~25,000 miles) Wagon has started to make a knocking or small clunking sound that is especially noticeable when transitioning from forward to reverse. The noise initiates at both the braking point and initial accell after changing gears. Also, the clunk is most noticeable when the car is on a slight incline (my driveway).

Any thoughts and ideas are greatly appreciated before I waste another day at the stealership trying to replicate the noise on command. Thx.

• 3 weeks later...
Same freakin' problem here. Dealership replaced one front strut which seemed to improve the problem but it never completely went away. Now it's worsening. They can't seem to replicate the problem so they won't fix it. Hopefully I can reproduce the noise next time I'm down there. Maybe the other strut? Dunno.

Interesting to hear that it may be the strut. Funny, how the front right strut on my car was just recently replaced (blown damper with oil all over the wheel assembly). Anyway, now that you mention it, it does seem that I began to notice the noise after the strut was replaced by the dealership. I still have no answers, but will update here if I find a resolution.

Good luck!

Hi,

I have the same problem since, hm, almost I bought the car. I think it had less them 10K km (not miles) when the problem started. The problem is, I now hear knocking/clunking noise coming from both front and rear.

I took it to the dealer about approx. 1 yr ago, and they machined the front rotors. However, the problem was still there. Now it's getting worse and I hear it from the rear as well. I hope someone had some positive experience with this, meaning they fixed. My car currently has 27K km and it's less then 2 yrs old. I have this problem for over a year now.

Thanks.

Archived