LegacyGT.com

Ok, I suck at wiring.

ERLoft

I'm trying to hardwire in my V1 & install the ProSport premium boost gauge.

I've got a ground. I've got a switched power (figure I'd use the DRL wire that's already disconnected. Neither item is a big power draw)

What I'm not sure about is where there's a wire I can tap for the parking lights. I've reviewed the wiring diagrams, and the hell if I know what they say. Guess I shoulda taken electronics in school instead of calc. I'd use it a hell of a lot more.

I did try a search, but didn't come up with what I'm really looking for, which is where under the instrument cluster/steering wheel/fusebox area is a parking light wire.

Thanks!

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmm, I've got no cubby, so that's out. I also can't find the light that's supposed to be behind the cigarette lighter for the life of me. That bit is already out as part of the installation and I can't find any light or wiring for it. I'd swear that I'd seen it on before though... :confused:

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 9 months later...
what I'm really looking for, which is where under the instrument cluster/steering wheel/fusebox area is a parking light wire.

!

All of the little purple wires under the dash are illumination. They're ALL on the parking light circuit. Just tap into any of them.

Ben

Archived