LegacyGT.com

Performance numbers difference between 5MT and 5EAT

certainly in the long run the MT will be able to handle more. As far as 0-60 goes, the manual will always be faster, unless the driver messes up big time. The EAT though, will always be very consistent with its times not off by much. You can always give it some brake and gas in the auto to get the rpms up for a launch, but its not really a great idea and can only eventually lead to bad things. As far as time difference, I would say that the auto will be .5 - 1 second slower than that MT when it has a good launch, if they kind of bog it though, it won't be too far off.

I don't remember exactly where I read that, but if I recall correctly, the automatics are almost a second slower than manuals (and that includes the usage of the autostick feature). So if a manual can do just under 6 sec. on the 0-60, the auto will do just under 7 sec. Anybody who knows how to shift will always make better times with a manual transmission. It's the sacrifice to make when one does not want to shift their gears for themselves :D

Archived