LegacyGT.com

Make a Wish!

Ok so some may know I'm sitting in a hospital bed right now after having a 2nd surgery getting a very large tumor, some small tumors, and a couple ribs taken out, well that and the fact I have Ulcerative Colitiis has gotten me noticed by Make a Wish Foundation! WooHoo! OK so they say they wont buy me any motor vehicles and I'm sure that includes motor parts (but I have a 2.5i anyway so that wouldnt matter:icon_mad: ) but if they do allow like wheels, suspension, exterior or interior parts or anything like a laptop or anything nice what would ya'll get? Thanks. Please keep this thread as on topic as possible haha.

Keep in my mind, if I get all A's by the rest of the year I will maybe get a GT. So maybe parts that are for an 07 or 08 GT as well. Yes

I dont deserve a 4th car by the time I turn 18, I'm ridculously spoiled, it's been covered, but if my mom will get me a GT in trade for the 2.5i who wouldnt do it (besides subiecity haha) I'm also thinking if I can't think of anything then I'll ask they give the money to someone else.

Parts? Nah...

I think I'd go for a couple of days at the Porsche driving school at the track in Alabama...learn how to drive like a pro before you get that GT!

And best of luck for a quick recovery...that's some serious stuff...

Goin' to Carolina in my mind...and in my car on the 16th!

Ok so some may know I'm sitting in a hospital bed right now after having a 2nd surgery getting a very large tumor, some small tumors, and a couple ribs taken out, well that and the fact I have Ulcerative Colitiis .......

My prayers are with you.

Yes, I dont deserve a 4th car by the time I turn 18, I'm ridculously spoiled, it's been covered, but if my mom will get me a GT in trade for the 2.5i who wouldnt do it (besides subiecity haha)

I'm also thinking if I can't think of anything then I'll ask they give the money to someone else.

Thats what i would do. There are a lot less fortunate people out there, like people who cant afford a 4th new car by the time they turn 18, nevermind do something special for their very sick son/daughter.

+1^^ Go for a unique experience. Make a Wish can make things happen that you wouldn't have access to otherwise. Maybe something like a really good performance driving school, as iceman suggests, or a hot lap around a local rally course with Travis Pastrana when the US rally tour comes to your town. Parts is parts, but experiences are what make you who you are.
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Brother....I am sorry to hear about your situation. I know first hand about Make a Wish....What a great organization!!! I have suportted them for years.

How about a Skip Barber driving school course...not to 'rip off' Iceman...he came up w/ the idea....That would be the best! A memory you would ahve for a lonnnng time...

PLease let us know how you're doing and if there is anything this community can do for you.

Rehab is for quitters.

i agree with the previous guy.

Parts are parts. easy to get. Just get a job. Easily done.

This is a chance in a lifetime. Do something special. Or... do something special for a lot of people (fellow hospital patients, maybe).

You'll end up in the newspaper as being selfless and chicks dig that sort of stuff. Plus you'll never know when it'll come back to help you later on. (Job interviews, for one)

And for the record... there's nothing wrong with getting a nice car (it's all relative) before you're 18. Just be responsible with it.

car for sale. PM me!

hope you have a speedy recovery, and so far as request with make-a-wish goes, i would have to agree with the posters above....a drag racing school, driving school, hell, try to get 'em to hook you up with chip foose or another cool car guy; then you can save the parts for later.....

best wishes for your health my man......

Yeah thanks guys, hopefully I will discharged out of here by Sunday or Monday. I was really thinking a professional driving school. Can anyone tell me some really good ones that are in the States. Unless they all suck here (which I doubt), then I will travel out. Any that let you drive exotics, old muscles and just realy powerful cars. And any info on what a pro driving school is like and what they do? Thanks. God has blessed me and my family so much, and we need to use those blessings to help others. So I really think I would use this for others and do the driving school on my own.

The driving school idea sounds great. As does the "pass it on" idea.

However if MAWF won't buy car stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if they won't support the driving stuff either. They'd never hear the end of it, if you got hurt doing something they (their donors) paid for. :) But it's totally worth asking them to find out. If that doesn't work out, I'd totally try for a ride on a Vomit Comet:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vomit_Comet

Good luck with the surgery and all that.

I'm feeling amazing today. Finally moved out of ICU, which is a really depressing area, and got a really nice room up high. I'm thinking I might be out of here on Monday. Can't wait to enjoy Spring Break next week even though I wont be able to do much. Even if I can drive my car I will get a lawn chair and just look at it :lol: . Since owning it since December I havnt gotten to hand wash it because of the first surgery, I've taken it to a very nice car wash every other week. I hope to start washing it myself maybe even learn how to wax it. Thanks for your support.

Any idea's besides professional driving school and cruise? Just curious to see what ya'll would do if given one wish.

try to get a ride on the hurricane hunters, those are bad ass planes, there has been a few ppl that have gotten rides on them from make a wish also. there is a driving school like 2 hours outside of houston...the damn name is skipping my mind atm though. go skydiving or meet a celebrity, i would meet howard stern.

http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/t320335_floydmes.jpg

pic from the hunters after hurricane floyd.

stage 2

lol i cant go sky-diving, i'm currently on a chesttube so my lung doesnt collapse lol, last time a month after surgery they wouldnt even let me fly to Florida, meeting celebrities to me is pointless, their just people...I want to do something fun! Thanks though try to think of the best driving schools or at least funnest in the States, Thanks.

Flying lessons? In a high-performance plane, like an Extra 300, Edge 540, etc. I think those are actually single-seat planes but there's probably a two-seat/two-stick equivalent that would be fun. I'd probably puke but it would still be fun.

Put "ice driving school" into Google (without the quotes) and see what comes up. That sounds really fun... One of them is overseas. Your parents seem like the type who can afford the plate tickets, maybe MWAF can set you up with a translator/guide or something like that and turn it into a European adventure.

There are part-time Skip Barber locations in Texas - one near Houston and another near Dallas. They drive Vipers, racing Neons (don't laugh -they're serious cars), Formula Dodges (open wheel racers) and several other types of car. Probably the best known driving school in the US. But if you're willing to go a little farther, I'd take classes at Laguna Seca.
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

What exactly will I learn at these driving schools? I searched and it seems more like racing around a track, which would be fun, but I was thinking like learning on a skid-pad, how to drift (lol dunno if its possible in an AWD, and dont call me ricer you all have your fantansies:lol: ) fun stuff like stunt driving. Not stuff I'll ever get a chance to do but in an empty parking lot, but still fun experience.

Archived