LegacyGT.com

Accessory and reverse light wires

djsauce

I bought a backup camera and I have a question:

It requires an ignition/accessory connection, reverse wire and ground.

The guy at the store said that there is a brown/yellow wire in the passenger kick panel that you can tap into that goes to the reverse lights (becaue I am goingto mount it all up front). - is this true?

Also, anoyone know of a keyed/switched/ignition/accessory wire up front that can be acessed?

thanks!

He is asking about wires in the rear of the car I do not think it would be easy to route the wire all the way to the trunk area from the cig lighter. Anyone know I am having this same issue?

Also DJ where did you get the 4 pin connector? I also asked you this in another thread.

every car has all of those wires up front....

its off of the ignition harness coming from the steering column, you have to drop the lower half of the dash and probably take off the metal plate to get to the wires... i forget the colors, just test them with a multimeeter/powerprobe...

He is asking about wires in the rear of the car I do not think it would be easy to route the wire all the way to the trunk area from the cig lighter. Anyone know I am having this same issue?

Also DJ where did you get the 4 pin connector? I also asked you this in another thread.

I could not see a 4 pin connector but apparently you can buy one from DigiKey.com. I bought 2 pins (hollow females) to go over the male pins on the back of the NAV screen. They seem to part pf every Molex connector.

I will actually mount the module for the camera and wires upfront and run the RCA for the video to the camera itself. I think I will have to use a splice/tap in connector for the Reverse trigger I need (from the kick panel wire) and a cigaretter lighter accessory wire seems like a good idea.

Just got to figure out how to poke the camera cable from the outside to the inside of the trunk. Anyone?

Thanks again for the info guys.

Well I guess I was wrong.

There is plastic area in the over hang above our license plate. That is my current delima now I cant decide to use the plate frame I prefer that but then I cant hide the wiring well without drilling a whole in the metal. The other option is mounting a camera like unidentified84 used which mounts in the overhang thus hiding the wiring and allowing you to run it thorugh the plastic and then fol;ow stock wiring.

which camera are you using?

• 1 year later...

Archived