LegacyGT.com

need Nomex firesuit for testing

4S-TURBO

I need a cheap used (or destroyed/free) firesuit made of Nomex. I'm making a prototype firesuit and need to see if our machine can handle sewing the fabric.

Pick up in the Bay Area...

Thanks!

Zara

I can check with my dad. He is a volunteer Fire Fighter and they might have some.

I need a cheap used (or destroyed/free) firesuit made of Nomex. I'm making a prototype firesuit and need to see if our machine can handle sewing the fabric.

Pick up in the Bay Area...

Thanks!

Zara

damaged firesuit won't do you any good. You're better off just buying the cheap new Sparco suit 2-layer.. your machine may be able to do a 2-layer, but I dont know what you plan to do if you get a 3-layer suit like most higher level suits (which are the $1200 and up suits usually)..

I bought my 2-layer Sparco not too long ago and the embriodery shop that does my stitch work did a good job with it.. btw, nomex threading is $$$$$, good luck affording that if you plan to do safety suit embriodery work.

Keefe

Thanks again for the offer, Andrew. I think I'm going to be able to get some swatches of the fabric from a local company to test so you don't need to bug your dad.

Where in Oregon? I'm from Eugene...

Let me know if you want me to still ask my dad. He is in the States and I have not contacted him yet.

Archived