LegacyGT.com

HELP Quick -- window tint?

andaconda

Dropped off the silver legacy today to have the windows tinted to 20% all around --

Its not too late to call them in the morning and change it to 35% all around ==

PLEASE chime in here if you would.

Is 20% too dark? I don't do a lot of night driving.

And I don't like dark back with lighter front...

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I've never owned a tined car before the legacy. I had mine done 35% on all 5 windows and I'm very happy. My wife's LGT came with 20% on all 5 windows. While we don't have troubles driving it at night, it is noticeably darker, harder to see the curb when parking, and I find myself looking over my should alot more when turning around, parking lots, stuff like that.
ignore him, he'll go away.

I had mine done at 35% recently, but I kinda wish I'd gotten 20 or 25 instead. 35% really isn't much. From the inside, it's pretty subtle. From the outside, if the sun is at the right angle (illuminating the inside) you can barely tell it's tinted.

If you have a black interior I would go 35%

Good point. I was worried about the outside appearance after the tint because its illegal here to tint the front windows. I though I'd be fine with 35%, but when it was done, I was really surprised at how dark it was from the outside as a result of the black interior.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Depending on the light it will look darker or lighter. I have always had 35% on all my cars, and I like it that way.

This was my GT with 35%:

http://deexboy.com/albums/album41/IMG_7139.sized.jpg

http://deexboy.com/albums/album41/IMG_7143.sized.jpg

I have the same on my 2.5 now

X

---

Looks great.

I think part of the reason our opinions differ is that on a white car 35% looks dark whereas on a black car 35% looks negligible. I was happy with the way 35% looked on a car I had years ago, but it was a very light blue.

i went 35%, closest to legal in VA. if there was no legal limit, i would have gone a little darker, because in the brightest sunlight, 35 really isn't that dark......

Well, it's a done deal....

Went 20% all around. Not legal - but cash talks, and no questions asked.

I like the exterior looks of it.

A few random bubbles -- hope they go away.

I'd post some before and after photos if I could figure out how.:icon_conf

I've got mine tinted to 15-20%(not sure of the exact) I was worried because I did it right when I got the car, and I still had the temp tags in the back windshield.

Cop stopped me at my car (on foot) and pointed out that I should move the tag up the window because they were hard to see behind the spoiler. He didn't say anything about the tint, but I could barely see the tag unless he had his light on it.

Is illegal to go below 27% on all side and rear in CO

-Jim

(AKA 09F911029D74E35BD84156C5635688C0)

Well, it's a done deal....

Went 20% all around. Not legal - but cash talks, and no questions asked.

I like the exterior looks of it.

A few random bubbles -- hope they go away.

I'd post some before and after photos if I could figure out how.:icon_conf

Glad you are happy with the looks of the tint. :)

If you have pictures already hosted on a web site somewhere, you can add them to a post by cliking the little "Insert Image" button in the toolbar (bottom row, near the right, looks like mountains). Otherwise click the "manage attachments" button (it's below the submit/preview buttons) and pick the files in the new window.

Glad you are happy with the looks of the tint. :)

If you have pictures already hosted on a web site somewhere, you can add them to a post by cliking the little "Insert Image" button in the toolbar (bottom row, near the right, looks like mountains). Otherwise click the "manage attachments" button (it's below the submit/preview buttons) and pick the files in the new window.

Hey NSFW, thanks for the help. It worked.:icon_wink

i had 20% all around on my previous WRX, it looks cool as hell and just fine during the day, but at nighttime it was an enormous PITA, unless i was driving in a well lit area at night, i couldnt see SQUAT out of my front driver and passenger windows, often in neighborhoods or dimly lit parts of urban areas, i had to constantly roll down my windows just to see street signs when i was trying to follow written directions

my current LGT i went with 35% fronts, 20% rears, less cool style points, much more easier to deal with. plus 20% fronts would have upped my cop magnet status

Ed

i think mine is <20% you cant see inside my car in the daytime without direct sunlight...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/bmorrisj/20061124midnight03.jpg

Sorry if this is off topic but do you have this pic in high res? Reason being i think this is the best night shot of a BSM Legacy so far and would like to use it as wall paper.

20% all around.

I didn't like the un-tinted area of the third brake light, so I removed the light and put a patch of tint where they left it out. Much cleaner look now, and not so obvious! My patch didn't look as good as their original install -- but I'm happier with it now.

Archived