LegacyGT.com

Well, it finally happened to me....crash

Bent frame and no airbag went off? What was your speed?

I'm glad the bag didn't deploy, as I certainly didn't need it to. I probably was going 20 mph when I hit (I had about 10 feet to hit the brakes before impact). The car was passing in front of me at about the same speed and I impacted their passenger side door dead on.....the nice soft part of their car. It was a jolt to be sure....but my seatbelt was all I needed. It seems the new generation of smart airbags are plenty smart.

So the frame bent to follow the momentum of their car - across my front to my right. there was no buckling of the frame, just twisting it to the side so to say about 3".

Thanks for the help Pillboy. That's exactly why I took it where I did...they had all the state of the art equipment, usually have a lot of nice, newer cars in the lot.....and most importantly are a local company that's been around a long time. A local company won't stay in business if they make a bad name for themselves by doing shoddy work. So far they've been very good to work with and keep me informed.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple of years ago, some 15 year old punk kid joy riding in his mom's grand cherokee backed into me in my TL and he got out and talked to me and everything. Then I went inside the 7-11 to get a pen, while Apu was looking for a pen, I turn around and the little shit boned out within 10 seconds! The next day I looked drove all around the east side of the city. Sure enough, I find it out on the street infront of some shitty apartments (most lucky I've every been). I ask someone if they know who owns that car, they point me to a apartment. I pound on the door, 'open up you little m-fer, I know you're in there'. I go around the side, the kid was on the back porch, hiding, then has the nerve to tell me it wasn't him. I call the 5-0 and he's charged with hit n' run. Shitty part was that if I didn't find him, I had just cancelled my uninsured motorist insurance and I would have had to pick up the $1k bill.

Now I make sure I'm covered to the Nth degree no matter the cost. Sorry to hear about the situation, hope they find this little sh!t.

Archived