LegacyGT.com

remote start help

Trek62

To be honest I have no idea if it you would be able to using the stocker. Most of those systems come with their own remote system, so it would be a matter of putting a chip in the Scooby remote that fits and works in conjection with the alarm and immobiliser system. Adam.

This is great. I can barely keep the doors locked or unlocked with my lousy Subaru hair-trigger remote. You actually want to add remote starting??? Not only would you acidentally unlock your doors, you'd drive through your garage door without being behind the wheel.

[quote name='STG']This is great. I can barely keep the doors locked or unlocked with my lousy Subaru hair-trigger remote. You actually want to add remote starting??? Not only would you acidentally unlock your doors, you'd drive through your garage door without being behind the wheel.[/QUOTE] that is the funniest thing i have heard in months thanks for the laugh

[quote name='ih8vtec13']Trek is your car MT or AT because it is ilegal to do remote start in the US due to stick car being started in gear[/QUOTE] Neutral sensor. I think the MT may even have one stock.. legality is an issue that really has nothing to do with cars..

true but with the hair trigger remote. you dont want your mt legacy to plow through baby gap in a strip mall and have to explain that you had an illegal remote start on your mt and thats why all that carnage just happend followed by oops my bad

Besides my AT Legacy I have a Mach1 with a Tremec maual trans. It's equipped with a Clifford alarm WITHOUT remote starting. My friend has an idential Mach1 and his HAS REMOTE STARTING using an aftermarket alarm. It's legal but kind of stupid. Most people park a MT car in gear - that's the danger with remote starters. My friend made it a point to park his MT Mach1 in neutral to avoid accidental starts in gear. So, one night he's visiting a friend's house. His Mustang's alarm goes off. He finds his car at the bottom of the hill (a parked pick up stopped it). Because he was worried about accidently starting in gear, he parked in neutral. He also forgot to turn his wheels towards the curb. He didn't apply the parking brake all the way. Had the car been in gear, it wouldn't have rolled down the hill. I can recommend the Clifford/Viper Responder line of alarms. The remotes are long range and actually recieve info trom the alarm system, confirming locks, unlocks and triggers. The remote start option works well on ATs. Oh, yeah. The Clifford/Viper Responder remote doesn't activate unless you deliberately push the buttons. I may have to put one tin the Legacy because the factory remote is garbage.

It's quite easy to make a magnetic neutral-only switch so you can have auto start on a manual-trans car with full safety. I've driven nothing but manuals for 15+ years and have never parked in gear; that's what the parking brake is for. I've also never seen the actual wording of any law that mentioned remote starting of a vehicle at all. Usually it's BS line given to customers so a store isn't liable when they don't know how to install it properly into a 5spd car.

My Legacy is an AT. I had a remote start in my MT WRX & had no problems. It wouldn't start if it was in gear. My friend was able to wire up the immobilizer box using the valet key. So far the only problem is that when I lock the car, it chirps 5 times. Now I have to see if I can get it to play downloadble ringtones...

• 3 weeks later...
Had a two-way remote starter installed on my 05 OB XT 5MT. Its designed specifically for MT. Has a neutral sensor and hand brake needs to be engaged. Need to go thru very specific sequence otherwise remote start does not work. Its designed this way for safety. The range of this thing freaks me out. Manufacturer is Cdn, ProStart [url]http://206.47.191.115/prostart.nsf/prod-en/CT-3400TW[/url]

[quote name='"Jonh M"'] I've driven nothing but manuals for 15+ years and have never parked in gear; that's what the parking brake is for. [/QUOTE] Here Here! I don't understand these people that were taught [i]not[/i] to use the parking brake... ID10Ts.. I've never parked in gear either, and somehow, i get heat for it, too. I'm with you, John. Realistically, you CAN put a remote start on a stick, you just have to be smarter than your components. I also know other folks that have wired in a switched ground dealie for their Turbo Timers so that when ANY of the pedals are touched, or the E-Brake released, the car shuts down to prevent theft while running after boost-ed driving. Do the newer Legs have the same gravity cooling system making a TT just a rice item?

[quote name='Deer Killer']Neutral sensor. I think the MT may even have one stock.. legality is an issue that really has nothing to do with cars..[/QUOTE] I'm pretty sure it does. Try shifting into neutral without the clutch while cruise is set and notice that it goes off. I'm sure someone will figure out why I'm wrong though, GO!

Archived