LegacyGT.com

IGN Reviews the 05 Legacy GT

[quote name='Black_Legacy']my 0-60 always seems faster that 6 seconds.[/QUOTE] Mine too - I don't launch but do accelerate aggressively. Thats why it seemed odd. Subaru had it at 5.8, C&D at 5.7 and either MT or R&T had it at 5.6.

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

[quote name='Black_Legacy']my 0-60 always seems faster that 6 seconds.[/QUOTE] I definately do not suffer from this problem. It's never fast enough.. actually sometimes it just feels a whole lot faster for no reason.. Then it feels slow.. for no reason.. I really need some gauges :(

Guys, keep in mind these small internet/newspaper reviews don't have state of the art acceleration computers, nor do they rent a drag strip for the afternoon to do full testing on. To further this, you can bet your bottom dollar the person, or people, testing at these small time review places aren't "professional" drivers and probably don't abuse the car anywhere remotely close to what the larger auto mags and publications do, along with their (mostly) professional or ex-professional test drivers. More than likely, these numbers come from a G-Tech PRO or similiar device on a deserted road somewhere they choose. They probably launched the car reasonably hard (maybe 3000 rpms). And without a level dragstrip, who knows, the road could of gone uphill as well. Therefore, the 6.5 second time should be taken, of course, with a tinnie, tiny grain of salt. Nice, but very bare bones basic review though.

Yeah, the small mags are not always the best source for accurate performance numbers. Being isolated from the car world they can sometimes provide a nice "out of the box" review though. Ski Magazine's Review: [url]http://www.skimag.com/skimag/mountain_life/article/0,12795,694709,00.html[/url]

Archived