LegacyGT.com

Need some help

While driving to work tonight, my Check Engine Light came on. What was weird was I actually heard something "unusual" just before the light came on. Along with the CEL, the "Cruise" light started blinking. I'm thinking that the CEL is related to whatever happened to the "Cruise" control. I tried to engage the cruise control buttons but it wasn't responding.

Can any of you enlighten me on this problem. I have no clue and wanted to see if any of you experienced this problem. I appreciate all comments.

Since you have an 05 try running the onboard CEL code reader. If you go into the fuse panel and look to the upper right side you will find 2 white connectors that are taped up, untape them and connect them together, then put the key into the ignition and turn it to IGN so that you get the guage sweep, press your trip odometer button once and it should give you some codes. Write them down and let your dealer know about it. You should bring it in for a check just to be sure. Do a search on the forum there is probably a thread explaining the codes somewhere.

Archived