LegacyGT.com

Coilover height adjustment wrench

ogradnis

I had some Tein flex coilovers installed a few months back. At that time I was still on the stock wheels and tires. However, in another couple weeks I'm going to be putting on my new 18X8 Tarmac IIIs and I'm going to need to raise the ride height to accomodate them.

I don't think I ever got the adjustment wrenches from the shop after they installed them and I'm sure they wouldn't have them after all this time. Not their fault. It was a busy shop and they probably just got lost in the shuffle.

Does anyone know if I actually even need them to do the job? If I don't, what other tools could I use that wouldn't damage anything?

If I do need them, is there somewhere I can get them?

Thanks

Yes, you need them.

However, just about any coilover spanner wrench would work. The ones that came with my MR coilovers were really cheap. Just stamped out of thick sheet metal with no relief cut.

The ones that came with my friend's Bilsteins were really nice in comparison.

Either one seems to work.

I did a search for Tein coilover wrench. If these are the ones that came with your coilover kit... I'ld keep them too. They're nice! (I don't know if these are the ones that came with your set or not.)

BTW, you need two wrenches.

http://www.projectnissan.com/shopping/pc/catalog/tein/tei-wrench_dv.jpg

Well I don't know if those are the ones that came with mine or not but I would assume they would work.

Now that I see how much they cost, I'm thinking it probably wasn't a "oversight" not returning them. :icon_mad:

I appreciate the input. Looks like another $50 down the pipes.:icon_roll

Archived