LegacyGT.com

DIY 30K = $$$ for mods

There are many threads dealing with the 30K service. What is done here, there, was is required, what is optional, etc. Feeling so empowered by my recent purchase of the Chilton manual, I'm gonna do it myself. Come to find out it is not much of anything anyway.

The local stealership want $570 + tax. They have an online coupon for $50 off, but they will not let me use 11 of them at the same time. The way I see it, even if I did the diff fluid changes, I can do it all for under $200 in materials. That leaves me like $400 in "free" mods. See where I am going with this? I bet you married ones do.

So I look to the board for advice. Im looking for upgrades I can do as part of the 30K service. For example, since I have to change the brake fluid, and bleed the lines, why not replace them with SS lines since SS line installation requires many of the same initial steps. Get my drift?

Help a brutha out!!!

Get a big plastic bag, put it in your trunk and fill it up with helium. This will lighten your car and make it faster.

I'll try that later....Im still trying to fix the paint after I was told flame stickers add 5HP. Three runs on the dyno showed no increase.

I'll try that later....Im still trying to fix the paint after I was told flame stickers add 5HP. Three runs on the dyno showed no increase.

no no no, you did it all wrong. It's the NOS sticker that gives you the 5HP per sticker and then if you want to handle better you get a tien sticker. It's all simple physics really.

Archived