LegacyGT.com

Stock Sound system as good as it is?

SoCaliBronco

Hey everyone, Im looking to buy a Legacy SE within the next month or so. I went on the test drive last night and I must say I was impressed with the car. The only things I noticed was the engine:icon_bigg and the poor sound system. I was wondering, does anyone know what the upgraded sound syatem is that Subaru offers. And also, if I am to get the SE, what is the most powerful speakers I can get without have to change the CD deck, Id like to keep everything looking stock.

I have the 07 spec B and the SRS WOW is so good in my car, i have already blown the front passenger speaker, just after the first oil change.

Blowing a speaker is not directly proportional to how good your system is. Distortion can blow a speaker just as, or easier, than volume (watts) can.

It's much easier to blow a speaker via a low powered amp that is overdriven vs. a high power amp that puts out clean power, even if it exceeds the speakers' power rating.

What sound system do they offer in the 07's? The 05's system is OK, but not great.

I have an '07 SE. Mine had distortion in the speakers for 2-3 weeks. Now there is no problem. It's hardly a great sound, but not bad. Give the original speakers about a month to work out, before you dump the stock sys. Good luck with the SE. I got mine in Oct. Real happy with performance. My hot rod days are over. I just want a smooth, strong tight ride and the Legacy gives it.

Archived