LegacyGT.com

JDM taillight install? (easy question)

urs1ne

Are these things plug and play? Do they just swap with the USDM ones or do I have to make some custom wiring harnesses or something? I just realized I ordered them and never asked this question, its too late now but I figure I should be prepared if it does take some work.
^ n00bs below this line

I just realized I ordered them and never asked this question, its too late now but I figure I should be prepared if it does take some work.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh wait, you wanted help. I wil still laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

do you have pictures of the JDM tailights? i've seen photos of the JDM BL/BP tail lamps and they dont really look different from the USDM ones, so what do you get out of it, a different backup light/brake light pattern?

Ed

JDMs have orange turn signals

wow, that's it? i can't tell the OP how to spend his money, but how much are those JDM tailights and wouldn't that money be better spent on a different mod? it just seems extravagant esp if the tailights look identical unlit :icon_conf

i look at it from a safety standpoint, i don't think that the USDM lights are all that good at drawing attention to me braking or turning

wow, the USDM ones have been that dangerous? i didn't know that

I am not a fan of them, yeah there JDM cool, and safer, but all i would do is put in a hyper white bulb or something, I HATE amber. USDM works well for me. I say to each their own its your car do what you want to it, and enjoy it.there are probably many people with the same exact opinion on either side so whatever.

i went back and looked at my USDM tail lamps and compared them to the pic of the JDM ones and all i can say is *shrug* to each his own, i guess if one really feels the need to be the JDM completist. frankly i like not having amber turn signals in the rear, thats fine with me

Ed

Archived