LegacyGT.com

TrueDelta reliability survey results for the Legacy and Outback

mkaresh

I've posted the latest results of TrueDelta's reliability survey to the site. These are for the year ending December 31, 2006.

I did not have enough responses for the 2006 Legacy and Outback, and have not yet started collecting data on the 2007. In both cases, more participants would help a great deal.

For the 2005 Legacy and Outback, I have an average of 7.2 months of data on 33 cars. The stat of 0.3 successful repair trips per year is a bit better than for the year ending September 30, 2006, but within the (fairly wide) margin of error. This number is typical of Asian cars.

Other results:

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results

Note that Consumer Reports annual auto issue, out soon, includes reliability ratings for the year ending March 31, 2006. Because TrueDelta's surveys are more frequent, and we analyze the data promptly, our results will average over ten months' "fresher" than theirs. When considering a car, do you want to know how reliable it was a year ago, or how reliable it has been recently?

I want to know how it was a year ago. Hahaha.

Thanks for sharing the information. I am sure it will be helpful to some people. So from that, seems like the '05 LGT is about average in reliability from those 33 cars surveyed.

-ben

No, it's roughly half the repair rate of the average. Below 0.3 trips/year I don't have a large enough sample size to accurate measure, so they're all essentially eqivalent. Through the end of September the Legacy and Outback were at 0.5. The truth is probably somewhere from 0.3 to 0.5. Even 0.5 is a bit better than average.

Archived