LegacyGT.com

Need Help Badly!!!

BlueLegacyGt

Ok... i want a deep grumbly sound to my legacy but i dont want to replace the whole exaust system (the car is 4 months old). I want the sound to be simalr to that of a legacy with a autospeed cat-back or turbo-back exaust system. Would i get a sound simalr to that if i just got the muffflers with out any new pipes?? (also on a slightly tight budget of no more than 450-500 bucks) HELP PLEASE SUGGESTIONS WANTED! thnx.

The right mufflers will do the trick - alternatively, run the "Hog-zawst" mod. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

For that price and enough time you'll find a used cat back or you can get new cans...but I second the hogzawst. Takes only a couple minutes to try it...if you don't like it you can spend your money.

He said it.

You have multiple possibilities with that amount availible

I tried out hte hogzawst mod today....saved me 600 bucks! i got the sound i want and it cost me 68 cents at the local hardware store. took about 15 mins to be complete....make sure u hae a compressed air tank with a drill to get the bolts on and off!! cool quick mod!

I tried out hte hogzawst mod today....saved me 600 bucks! i got the sound i want and it cost me 68 cents at the local hardware store. took about 15 mins to be complete....make sure u hae a compressed air tank with a drill to get the bolts on and off!! cool quick mod!

That or in my case some pb blaster and a really long cheapo torque wrench(I don't use that one for a actual torque wrench). I was annoyed that it was a bolt and not a stud though because it took a little effort to get the second wrench in there to hold the nut still will I loosened the bolt.

Archived