LegacyGT.com

been enjoying my GT limited for a week now ...

I got my GT limited last week. Compass mirror and stock shift shifter. I'm over 1000 miles already! So far the car is everything you guys have been raving about. I changed the stock tires to Toyo Proxes 4 the day after delivery. This car can move. It was difficult for me to keep the speed limit for the first couple of days. I have not had the opportunity to put the tires to a real test but freeway off/on ramp experiments have had me in awe of the grip. I have not been able to get the tires to squeal and the car takes corners with calm poise. I need to test traction limits in an empty parking lot if I can find one somewhere. The stock stereo is surprisingly good. I was going to upgrade based on the comments here but it is adequate for my needs. I only need to add my sirius receiver and I'll be done. No stuttering acceleration issues, ACC is not the best but okay, and no armrest issues. My niggles are the left armrest (I tend to rest my elbows on it and it is too hard) and the overly sensitive key fob (I have been able to activate the locks at well over 100 yds and have had it happen with the fob in my pocket). Measured gas consumption figures are 20.6, 20.1, and 21.6mpg. I am looking forward for my first coastal or mountain road trip. Yesterday, I got the windows tinted. Pictures? Oh, I have those:

CRW_5013.jpg.efb828c6e093db0f43ca361243f13e81.jpg

CRW_4997.jpg.94ba4c54e8c8c78507cbb2c58099a875.jpg

CRW_5007.jpg.023c94e9e037cc69b3ba27ebb3548ec9.jpg

CRW_5019.jpg.f75788493b005a6b5bd0536f34524033.jpg

CRW_5023.jpg.108b1947d3d5214fff8e852c091578ab.jpg

CRW_5036.jpg.12acf61172ccaa381fc800799049bfad.jpg

CRW_4989.jpg.8dd45cdc6b0b1d7e525f3dfcdb0f2570.jpg

CRW_5048.jpg.a90bd5b37b413d5cee48501aa0dc5a16.jpg

CRW_5064.jpg.b2ea5f68ae469b3ac6b446d8ef89933d.jpg

Beautiful car, karamba! The tint goes really well with Regal Blue. I'm glad you enjoy your car as much as everyone else has. There has been a little fix for the remote. If you search for it, you can get more details on it. One person used a paper clip and bent it in a big U shape and put it on top of the chipset, while another person bought little rubber rectangle bumpers and cut them into small pieces and put them beside each button. Both options seem to be working well.
-ben

Great looking car karamba! Yeah, I've had mine for a couple weeks and have close to 3000 miles on it and have already gone through two oil changes and hit the rev limiter by accident. :) I agree with you about the stereo. I didn't think it was all that bad. In fact, I thought it was quite good but then, I'm coming out of a Protoge5 so that might have something to do with it. :) Good luck with the new vehicle.

[quote name='karamba']I got my GT limited last week. Compass mirror and stock shift shifter. I'm over 1000 miles already! So far the car is everything you guys have been raving about. I changed the stock tires to Toyo Proxes 4 the day after delivery. This car can move. It was difficult for me to keep the speed limit for the first couple of days. I have not had the opportunity to put the tires to a real test but freeway off/on ramp experiments have had me in awe of the grip. I have not been able to get the tires to squeal and the car takes corners with calm poise. I need to test traction limits in an empty parking lot if I can find one somewhere. The stock stereo is surprisingly good. I was going to upgrade based on the comments here but it is adequate for my needs. I only need to add my sirius receiver and I'll be done. No stuttering acceleration issues, ACC is not the best but okay, and no armrest issues. My niggles are the left armrest (I tend to rest my elbows on it and it is too hard) and the overly sensitive key fob (I have been able to activate the locks at well over 100 yds and have had it happen with the fob in my pocket). Measured gas consumption figures are 20.6, 20.1, and 21.6mpg. I am looking forward for my first coastal or mountain road trip. Yesterday, I got the windows tinted. Pictures? Oh, I have those:[/QUOTE] Awesome car K. I'm looking at getting around 27% charcoal once I take delievery on mine. How's the wagon for hauling stuff around? I'm thinking me and my fiance' are going to have to get a wagon AND a sedan. :)

I got Llumar charcoal tints. It's got metal in it but I have been able to receive all my favorite radio stations with about the same signal strength. I am curious how it would affect something like a radar detector though. I had the tint done at Omega Tint werkes in Pleasanton. This is the shop all the Impreza guys recommend and it is top-notch work. I transported the RE92s in the wagon. Four upright tires could fit without dropping the rear seats but I chose to lay them flat so the rear seats came down. For my needs, the wagon is excellent. Thanks for the suggestion on the key fob. I am going to try my own version of the examples shown here and will keep everyone posted.

Not bad, glad to hear you like the car after we have all hyped it so much, not that its ove hyped it is a great car. i realy like the color it was my first choice in color but the dealer had a black sedan in stock and he was showing me the blue and green metal flakes in the paint and i was hooked. after seeing you car i almost regret not getting it in blue. well best of luck with it and it realy is a blast to drive and it is realy stable even at 110 so keep any eye on your speed or you will be doing 100 wiithout even knowing it i do that all the time :D

[quote name='karamba']I got Llumar charcoal tints. It's got metal in it but I have been able to receive all my favorite radio stations with about the same signal strength. [/QUOTE] I'm looking to tint my Regal Blue sedan as well. What percentage are your tints? Thanks!

Nice looking car. My sedan will be the same color I love that blue.The laws for tinting vary from state to state so you guys would be wise to check into it.I know here in NY they will ticket you if the windows are to dark.The use some type of tester that measures the darkness of the tint.My buddy got a ticket about two weeks ago for this on his blazer.

karamba if you are interested in any modding stuff talk to mike at gruppe-s in hayward. They hooked me up proper with my wagon. Did an ecutek, up pipe, down pipe.. Car is soooo much more of a beast now... its just stupid fast *evil grin* even better on 93 octane now im out east haha

Karamba, your pics are better than the SOA brochure. I still have two more weeks till my delivery. The Blue with Taupe interior looks fantastic. I was going to go without tint till I saw your pics. I too would be interested in tint %. Great looking car

highwaydrifter, I'll be interested in some mods but wouldn't start anything until about 9k on the odometer. The suspension could take some tuning but I have not seen anything practical (read affordable) so far. There are some local folks that go down to Thunderhill about every two months and I am planning to hook up with them. Thanks for the heads-up, and thanks for all the compliments.

Archived