LegacyGT.com

Side mirrors = fun house mirrors?

Stacie

I just picked up my Legacy GT sedan yesterday afternoon, and one strange thing that I've noticed is that both the side mirrors kind of have a "fun house mirror" effect. Both mirrors seem to stretch and distort things, although the driver's side mirror seems worse. Is this just how these mirrors are? Has anyone else noticed this? I don't remember the test drive cars having weird special effect mirrors. Thanks! Stacie

[quote name='Deer Killer']It's to eliminate blinds spots, in case anyone in the US actually decides to look behind them...[/QUOTE] For real? Subaru intentionally made these mirrors look jacked? Who woulda thunk it?

I'm not sure if I'm seeing any real benefit from these mirrors, even now knowing what the intention was in the design. Maybe I'll think differently once I get past the stage of being really disoriented by them, especially in the dark... Cars seem to play peek-a-boo with you...car's over here, move your head and the car's over there... Thanks for the answer though...I already have a few things that I have to take the car back in to the dealer for (paint defect on the hoodscoop, gouged piece of center console, alignment off, wheels unbalanced and an oily thumbprint on my a-pillar) so at least I know that this isn't something else to whine about...

Archived