LegacyGT.com

NAV System is legal advisor

RGwhittenbu

My girlfriend and I were in Santa Fe, New Mexico last weekend. When we were leaving, I was playing around with the navigation system and was showing her how to use it and had it give us the route home. It is very easy, you leave Santa Fe going south for about 50 miles and then east on I-40 for 200 miles.

Well, my navigation system thought I should take a more scenic route, north out of Santa Fe to Denver, Colorado, then east to somewhere in eastern Colorado and then south to Texas. It turned a 250 mile trip into an 1,100 mile journey.

As we were proceeding south out of Santa Fe, the thing kept trying to tell us to turn left or right at each intersection. My girlfriend was trying to cancel the route, but couldn't figure it out. When we got out on the highway and there was no more intersections, it kept telling us "In .4 of a mile, make a LEGAL u-turn."

How does it know what a legal or illegal u-turn is?

I noticed that too, but the damn nav system has also had me make left or right turns into one way streets as well, so i sure as hell don't trust when it says a u-turn is LEGAL or not, i'd like to see the expression of the judge's face in traffic court when i call up my nav unit as a witness :lol:

If it isn't 100% sure, it'll print a quick contract out of the glove box for you to sign. The system can also print a list of your previous employers -- that's the "resume" button on the steering wheel :D

I didn't spring for the printer option, so I would have to go to a Kinkos to get it printed out.

I noticed that too, but the damn nav system has also had me make left or right turns into one way streets as well, so i sure as hell don't trust when it says a u-turn is LEGAL or not, i'd like to see the expression of the judge's face in traffic court when i call up my nav unit as a witness :lol:

It got to be funny. I was driving. She was trying to cancel the route. The NAV kept trying to tell us to go the wrong way.

If you listen to your NAV tell you to do something illegal, can you plead insanity?

yikes

It got to be funny. I was driving. She was trying to cancel the route. The NAV kept trying to tell us to go the wrong way.

If you listen to your NAV tell you to do something illegal, can you plead insanity?

:rtfm:

The demo disc addresses these concerns.

To cancel guidance: Route options, cancel guidance?, yes/no.

Don't you check out the calculated route?

You want to go a different way? Put in a way point.

I figure the turn directions are a safety function to alert you of intersections.

Bet you don't know how to turn off the voice either. :lol:

My girlfriend and I were in Santa Fe, New Mexico last weekend. When we were leaving, I was playing around with the navigation system and was showing her how to use it and had it give us the route home. It is very easy, you leave Santa Fe going south for about 50 miles and then east on I-40 for 200 miles.

Well, my navigation system thought I should take a more scenic route, north out of Santa Fe to Denver, Colorado, then east to somewhere in eastern Colorado and then south to Texas. It turned a 250 mile trip into an 1,100 mile journey.

BTW, are you even sure that you had the right region selected? How about the proper disc running?:lol:

Archived