LegacyGT.com

Normal Tire Wear???

Uvm_Sam

I just noticed that there was some pieces of rubber that had fallen off on the sidewalls of my tire just above where the tire meets the rim. I have the stock RE-92's on and the pieces look like they fell off in little chunks, the rubber rim that sticks out alittle bit around the tire. Its not the actuall sidewall just off the thin piece that sticks out and runs around above the rim. Is this a serious problem? Or is it just normal tire wear? I will try and get a pic up.....

Heres the deal, I just bought this car a month ago. It has 25K and I have only put about 2K on er' and I am not sure if these are the original tires, they seem to show good tread yet, the rim protector is falling off?!?!?! I do not have the money right now for new tires and the what has happened is not from rubbing against curbs, maybe snow drifting?... my digi cam is F'ed up right now, Im just a little confused about why the tires are desintigrating?????.......hehe

I LOve this Car! the only problems i have had are with the tires ^, glove box doesnt always close, and the stereo system.

Uvm_Sam,

What this sounds like is a bit of rubber that was formed between 2 mating surfaces during the molding process. Based on the area you are decribing, it sounds like the surfaces between the ring that forms the bead and the rings that form the sidewall. Normally these surfaces are tight, but sometimes there is a tiny gap.

If that is the case, there is nothing to worry about.

Archived