LegacyGT.com

Autospeed Exhaust sound questions

Spray

Hey guys,

New here and looking to get the full exhaust package from autospeed (CBE, DP and UP). However the car I use is my work vehicle. I'm employed as a Private Investigator and I'm worried the sound levels might be a little too high to dicretely start up my car close to a subjects house.

My questions are how loud exactly is this exhaust on idle or under 2000 rpm's or so..is it loud enough to be noticeable to someone i'm following?

Please let me know,

Cheers

dont get any exhaust, all of them, even the quiet ones, are more noticeable than stock. Get a downpipe instead, better power gains as well.

:stupid:

If anything I would think YOU would want to make the car as quiet, fast, and least noticable as possible, any exhaust system, that I know of on the market, will not help you in that department. I would get an AP, UP/DP and a protune at a good shop. I would also talk to some of the better welding/tuning shops on here about a completely custom system that would flow much better than the stock mufflers, but are quieter than stock...I have no idea if that is at all possible, but it may be somthing worth checking into.

Actually, on second thought...If I were in your proffession I would get a last generation Toyota Camry V6 in that tannish color they came in (desert sand mica?) with extreemly dark tinted windows as my "work car". Because there are so damned many of them it would be like hiding in plain sight. I have been told that they make the perfect bank robbery get-away car. Decent enough power, ok handling, pretty good gas milage, and they're friggen every where so individual cars are extreemly difficult to pick out.

Your Spec.B, while hot as hell, I would think would be way to "one of a kind" and attention grabbing to work effectively for your profession.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

hehe well the silver spec B, tinted up and stock is a hot looking car. But honestly from a distance and to a leyman, it's really not that noticeable. I've been using it for a month thusfar without any problems.

I wish i could have a 2nd car, i'd get a minivan with captains chairs and have a blast in the backseat, unfortunately I only have one parking space and live in downtown Toronto so that option is out. This has to be my work AND play vehicle which makes it very difficult. To be honest though, i used my last vehicle, a Saab 9-3 for 2 years with a COMPLETELY gutted exhaust, was loud as hell and didnt seem to make much of a difference. I usually sit a block away from my subject's house.

5% on back, 20% up front

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2829/tint1st1.th.jpg

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/3139/tint2oz0.th.jpg

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5715/tint3xo2.th.jpg

Archived