LegacyGT.com

Numa Numa

melayout

Being in uniform means nothing. I was in uniform at sea and not on duty, I was able to go offbase in Norfolk and be in uniform and not on duty. I was even in the Bahamas on liberty and required to be in uniform, even as I drank - at a local bar.

Am I even arguing with anyone who has been in the military? You have no idea the number of hours I had to put in while at sea. Lets see - you eat, sleep, and work on a ship for 6 months at sea and never take a few minutes to relax or goof off? I spent over 5 years on sea duty, with many long stretches at sea for months, instead of playing cards or dominoes, these guys made a video. so what.

Even if the officers supported making of a video on work time, it's still the right decision for the crews moral and welfare. We had a radio station and tv station on our ship, with crew members dedicated to providing entertainment to other shipmates (radio only during the day, tv at night).

Also, I don't see any video taken 'in-flight', it all just looks like decent editing to me.

The best =>

i'm not trying to pick a fight, but three minutes in, in the video above.

and no, i've never been in the military.

i don't really care that they made a video, even if they were on duty. i agree, that everyone needs some time to release some stress, even if its during the time they're on duty. (hell, we all do it when we're at work.) the only thing i'm concerned about are the in-flight shots or where they're supposed to be on duty. whether they're active or on training, they should be focused on that. not making a movie. their job is greater than my job. the chances of me dying or causing the death of someone else at work, is slim to none. their chances are much greater. so when they're on duty i would expect that their focus is on the task at hand.

Am I even arguing with anyone who has been in the military? You have no idea the number of hours I had to put in while at sea. Lets see - you eat, sleep, and work on a ship for 6 months at sea and never take a few minutes to relax or goof off? I spent over 5 years on sea duty, with many long stretches at sea for months, instead of playing cards or dominoes, these guys made a video. so what.

Even if the officers supported making of a video on work time, it's still the right decision for the crews moral and welfare. We had a radio station and tv station on our ship, with crew members dedicated to providing entertainment to other shipmates (radio only during the day, tv at night).

Also, I don't see any video taken 'in-flight', it all just looks like decent editing to me.

i'm with you on this them making the film is one of the best morale boosters i could think of. kudos to Captian for allowing them to do this he is a man i would go to hell and back for and i would be willing to bet the crew feels the same way. bosco US ARMY '68-'70

Stay Stock Stay Happy

It's called editing.

The highest ranking/commanding officer on the ship is in both the videos done by Sun Kings.

i'm not trying to pick a fight, but three minutes in, in the video above.

and no, i've never been in the military.

i don't really care that they made a video, even if they were on duty. i agree, that everyone needs some time to release some stress, even if its during the time they're on duty. (hell, we all do it when we're at work.) the only thing i'm concerned about are the in-flight shots or where they're supposed to be on duty. whether they're active or on training, they should be focused on that. not making a movie. their job is greater than my job. the chances of me dying or causing the death of someone else at work, is slim to none. their chances are much greater. so when they're on duty i would expect that their focus is on the task at hand.

I keed I keeed

It's called editing.

The highest ranking/commanding officer on the ship is in both the videos done by Sun Kings.

you quoted my post, but yet i don't think you read it.

1. great, they made the vid and its pretty damn funny. any boost to morale for those guys, i'm all for it.

2. their superiors are behind them, even better. but i would expect they wouldn't approve of them shooting the vid while training or on a mission.

3. if i were them, i wouldn't be shooting parts of the vid while doing training or on a mission. especially since its a distraction.

4. maybe i think its more serious than it is. like i said before, never been in the military. obviously, some of you have and think otherwise.

5. maybe they'll pick some better songs next time.

Archived