LegacyGT.com

Pricing debate!

Where do you think the base 2.5GT MSRP pricing should/will start at?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think the base 2.5GT MSRP pricing should/will start at?

• $24,495 - 25,495
    • $25,495 - 26,495
    • $26,495 - 27,495
    • $27,495 - 28,495

April Fools Nasioc Prices: Legacy GT sedan manual - $25,975 Legacy GT Ltd sedan manual - $28,775 add $900 for the wagon and $1100 for the 5spd auto. Legacy i sedan manual - $21,550 Legacy i Ltd sedan manual - $23,995 add $900 for the wagon and $900 for the 4spd auto. Options basicaly the same as current Legacy have. Trip computer is priced about $900 and available for the Limited trims only. Real or not???

They're in my estimated ballpark or close overall. Limited might be a hair high, but otherwise I'd say probably pretty close if they aren't the real ones. Difference in FXT + 5MT to FXT Premium + 4AT = $2,550 IIRC. If the sunroof is abscent on base GT, that pricing may be doable. GT difference: $2,800.

[quote name='Sub-attraction']I thought the trip computer was going to be standard on the Limited trim.[/quote]Exactly.. that's why i think there was an april fool's joke happening on the "other" board. I am really starting to hate april fools day.

[quote name='Sub-attraction']I thought the trip computer was going to be standard on the Limited trim.[/quote] According to published specs, trip computer is standard on GTs, and Limited trim lines (including 2.5i). Kevin

I did a quick check of other markets. The trip computer is standard across all lines, even the 2.0 normally aspirated models. I know that the USDM is different, but I find it hard to believe that SOA would charge $900 for something that is standard, even on a Legacy with 16" wheels and wheel covers, in other markets. Hence, taking it all with a big grain of salt. I talked to my dealer last night, and even he doesn't know pricing. I doubt that somebody on NASIOC would be more tied in than the top-selling Subaru dealership in the Chicagoland area. Kevin

This from the Subaru press release about the 2005 Legacy GT: Key Standard Features (Legacy 2.5 GT) 17-inch alloy wheels 215/45 R17 all-season tires 120-watt AM/FM stereo with 6-disc in-dash CD changer and six speakers All-Weather Package with 4-stage heated front seats, heated exterior mirrors and windshield wiper de-icer <<Combination digital clock and trip computer>> Cruise control Now, the press release says that specs are "preliminary," but I find it hard to imagine that it would be an upcharge, particularly since trip computer is standard on all the Outback models which, by the by, look verrrry nice. Those 225-55-17 tires are honking, too. Kevin

And then there's this, from the Subaru News Room: <<The gauge panel is augmented in all models by a combination digital clock and trip computer, located in the center of the dashboard. Some of its functions and displays include outside air temperature, fuel consumption, remaining driving distance, estimated driving time, and a passenger airbag on/off indicator light.>> Kevin

Average fuel economy and miles to empty are the most useful features IMO. The outside ambient temp isn't actually a feature of the trip computer but is nice to have anyway.

[quote name='P2x']So what's so great about a trip computer? What are the typical features of one? I don't know anything about them.[/quote] This was posted directly above your post: [quote name='gtguy']Some of its functions and displays include outside air temperature, fuel consumption, remaining driving distance, estimated driving time, and a passenger airbag on/off indicator light.>> Kevin[/quote]

Archived