LegacyGT.com

Wierd Whineing Noise..

B4_Maniac

Hey B4, yes I do get the same thing on my car and mine is a few years older. I think its something to do with the engine management system giving the car a extra shot while warming up. For me, it only last about 10 secs after starting then goes away. It usually happens if the car has been sitting for 5 or more days. If it continues to happen, just take it into your dealer and ask them to have a look over your ride. Adam.

[quote name='agctr']Hey B4, yes I do get the same thing on my car and mine is a few years older. I think its something to do with the engine management system giving the car a extra shot while warming up. For me, it only last about 10 secs after starting then goes away. It usually happens if the car has been sitting for 5 or more days. If it continues to happen, just take it into your dealer and ask them to have a look over your ride. Adam.[/QUOTE] I just may. But, like I said, it does it after it's cooled off..I may not be able to re-produce it right away for the dealer. I hate getting the "Can not re-produce issue at this time." BS... But it goes away like u said rather quickly. I wonder if it has to do with some of the pullys.. Cuz it sounds like more of a mechanical whine..

Guest *Jedimaster*
There was a thread about this not too long ago- I bleieve the consensus was that it has to do with the fuel pump priming and is normal- mine does it every now and then too- not very reproducable if it were something I wanted the dealer to look at.

Archived