LegacyGT.com

Insurance? WRX -> LGT

My insurance on my '05 STi was $1600/yr (26, single, NH), and dropped to $1500/yr when I got my Spec B.

There's a price differential, but it may not be as big as you'd think, depending on a lot of different factors.

ouch and ouch, get a new ins. company...

to fuel the fire ... I had a 3 year old 2002 2.5 RS I traded for the LGT. My insurance even dropped on THAT change (3 yr old 2.5RS to brand new LGT, mind you) about $1.20 per month ( :lol: ) Any switch from an WRX or STI to an LGT should be a drop all other factors being equal.

I wanted to post this a while back, but I had the link bookmarked on another computer so I took me a while to get to it. Anyways...

The table presents vehicles' collision loss experience in relative terms, with 100 representing the average for all passenger vehicles. Thus, a rating of 122 reflects a collision loss experience that is 22 percent higher (worse) than average while a rating of 96 reflects a collision loss experience that is 4 percent lower (better) than average. The table is not relevant for models that have been substantially redesigned for 2005, and it does not include

information about models without enough claim experience.

WRX: 257%

Legacy/Outback: 84% sedan, 70% wagon

I don't think the turbo models (GT/XT) are reflected in those scores, and that could skew the results. Anyone know if there's any more current data available?

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/studies/InsCost/2005CostofIns/index.htm

ouch and ouch, get a new ins. company...

That's the cheapest I've found, with Progressive.

I also feel like it should be cheaper, as I've had no claims, no tickets or moving violations, etc etc.

Some things that count against me though:

1) I rent

2) in a 'populated' area (or as much as you can get in NH)

Maybe I'll look around and see if I can find cheaper. I still check occasionally though, and most places want $1700/yr or more though.

The big thing that affects the payment for me is the $500 deductible on collision. Pretty much everything else is at $100 or $250.

I also feel like it should be cheaper, as I've had no claims, no tickets or moving violations, etc etc.

1) I rent

Maybe I'll look around and see if I can find cheaper. I still check occasionally though, and most places want $1700/yr or more though.

The big thing that affects the payment for me is the $500 deductible on collision. Pretty much everything else is at $100 or $250.

I rent too, and live in Chicago, and my LGT insurance is only $468 every 6 months. Any military background in your family? If so you should look into USAA.

Go Cardinals!

1) I rent

How big is the difference between a $500 and a $1000 deductible? If it was like $1400/yr. with a $1000 you’d be saving money if you went a year without a claim :icon_mrgr

I rent too, and live in Chicago, and my LGT insurance is only $468 every 6 months. Any military background in your family? If so you should look into USAA.

Interesting, what are your coverages/limits/deductibles? Also, who are you insured with?

And nothing in my direct family, grandfathers, but they're both deceased. :(

How big is the difference between a $500 and a $1000 deductible? If it was like $1400/yr. with a $1000 you’d be saving money if you went a year without a claim :icon_mrgr

Just checked, $94/yr change. For that amount, I'm going to just leave it.. I'm not pinched since it's only $10 x 10 payments, though I might shop around, but I'm curious to see coverage levels for any ~28 yr olds with spec b's (purely due to the insured value of ~$34k).

Interesting, what are your coverages/limits/deductibles? Also, who are you insured with?

And nothing in my direct family, grandfathers, but they're both deceased. :(

Just checked, $94/yr change. For that amount, I'm going to just leave it.. I'm not pinched since it's only $10 x 10 payments, though I might shop around, but I'm curious to see coverage levels for any ~28 yr olds with spec b's (purely due to the insured value of ~$34k).

I have a $500 deductible. My insurance is through USAA. They pretty much cater to military families only, but you'd have to check the membership restrictions, i'm not certain what other loopholes there may be. Anyway, see the attached file here for my coverage, hope that helps. I am over 25. Keep that in mind. Big difference in prices with the age.

Coverage.jpg.4132f8803c0429285d0d0a2a7c439aa0.jpg

Go Cardinals!

Fantastipotamus is that $748 a year?

Yes, sir! It's my own fault, Progressive was the lowest I could find when I purchased my STi. I then made the assumption they were still competitive for my spec b when I got it back in November.

Unfortunately (or fortunately! ;)) it took this thread to question what I was paying..

I guess Geico is okay in my book, because they feature a Royksopp song in one of their ads. :)

I have a $500 deductible. My insurance is through USAA. They pretty much cater to military families only, but you'd have to check the membership restrictions, i'm not certain what other loopholes there may be. Anyway, see the attached file here for my coverage, hope that helps. I am over 25. Keep that in mind. Big difference in prices with the age.

Yeah, I've definitely heard good things about USAA for the over 25 crowd. Unfortunately though, with no military folk in my direct family still alive, I think I'm one of the Great Uninsurable as far as they're concerned.

If I could make a suggestion for you though, check out how much it'd cost you to drop your comprehensive deductible, as I see it's $500. Comprehensive covers 'Acts of God', among other things, and generally, the cost to drop from a $500 deductible to $250 or even $100 is very low (ie, like $20/yr). In my eyes, while the possibility may be negligible that you may make a claim, if you do, you'd only have to shell out $250 instead of $500, and if the difference is only $20/yr, then you'd have 12 years (12yr x $20 = $240) in which to make a claim, which would justify the lower deductible. :)

Probably a bit after the fact, but my insurance for 6 months went down by $50 or so from my 02 WRX to the 07 Spec.B. Not to bad!

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived