LegacyGT.com

Subaru Accesories for Legacy

Bigred

What accessories did people get on thier 05 Legacy. I bought one off the LOT mainly because they were offering me a pretty good deal, and it had what I wanted, but now I'm curiose what else is out there and if its worth it. Anyone have the extended center armrest? I'm curiose if this is worth it. I'd like to have something for my right arm to rest on, so was thinking of getting this added on. I also need some tinting done, the daughter doesn't seem to comfy in the back with the sun shining on her. Any other accessories you find worth mentioning? Other accessories I got on mine, Spoiler Limited package Amp and sub Upgraded Alarm (Something called a Perimeter alarm, still have to look this one up, not sure what it really does)
Hmmmmm, still thinking :confused:

Sounds like the typical factory installed option package that 90% of the cars in the area were shipped with. I've got the same factory accessories and so does my friend. The upgraded alarm has a shock sensor, while the basic alarm doesn't. Dealer can adjust sensitivity with a special scan tool. My friend has the center armrest, and I'm not terribly impressed. It doesn't provide additional storage as the older Impreza armrest extensions did. Can be easily added by someone with minor mechanical skills if you want to save cash. You could probably find one on the dealer lot to check out if you're really interested.

My car comes also come with the sub and the mirror/shock-sensor package. Will probably order the armrest extension when my $500 of Subaru bucks come in (part of an offer from Subaru of America to get me a new Subaru - I had a WRX before). I installed the armrest extentsion on my WRX myself, and it took like 5 minutes. Probably as easy with the Legacy. I transferred the rubber floor mats from the WRX. They sort of fit, but I probably will get the new set as well with the money. I'm not running the stock wheels right now, but I still have a set of Subaru wheel locks from the WRX. [They are just standard McGards, so you can buy them elsewhere.] Other stuff I'm considering: - Cargo net. The rear one for the wagon should fit, as there are already a couple of hooks in the sedan's trunk. - Trailer Hitch. I have a Subaru-branded hitch-mount bike carrier. And the trailer hitch for the Outbacks should fit the Legacy sedans with no problem.

I've been thinking about some different floor mats as well. Sometyhing a bit easier to clean. In the WRX they had that hook to hold the floor mat in place, but that ripped out after about 8 months of getting in and out of the car. As this car is abit nicer I would rather not rip the carpet.

The armrest extension does NOT provide extra space as you may think, as KGreb mentioned. I think this is one of the worst design decisions ever. There has been another thread about this awhile ago with another install, here's the link: [url="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2461"]http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2461[/url]. Hopefully Subaru redesigns it because I think it's one of those necessary options, and having more storage would be really nice. Or if someone made an aftermarket one....
-ben

I am not really overly concerned about storage, coming from the WRX this car has tons more storage. I am wicked happy about the cup holders in this Legacy, while not the best I've ever seen it is far better than the ones offered in the 98 2.5RS, and the 02 WRX. I'll have to look into the subaru Arm Extension and see if it does what I want. I wonder if there is a non Subaru Arm Rest Available.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm going to order mine in February with the following: Autodimming mirror w/ homelink Armrest Extension All Weather Mats Sti Pedals Sti Strut Bar Sti Sill covers MP3 player from the factory (I'm gonna call in a favor from SOA ;) ) Then I'm adding AccessPort STi Uppipe Spec B rims which are arriving around Christmas Spec B front bumper STi trunk spoiler Aftermarket Alarm with cool crap on it Upgrading the speaker system Adding XM HID and then some Modern Armor clearbra Should be just about done then.... :D

[quote name='axis008']Kevin, looks like a nice list you have there! One thing. You should import a European armrest extension. That actually has storage in it, rather than the non-functional one we have here...[/QUOTE] im pimpin that car out! I want very little to be left to do on the car within a month of ownership.... that will allow me to re-concentrate on the GC8 What's it this euro armrest look like? never knew that existed... I dont mind the US one all that much... but if there's a cooler alternative.. i might do that :)

Archived