LegacyGT.com

Accident on I-84 Eastbound in CT Tonight

Guest Gitster

Guest Gitster

I came upon a horrific accident on I-84 East ~5 miles West of Waterbury, CT tonight around 7pm.

There was a Red pickup or minivan that looked like it skipped an embankment, and went through a tree taking most of the tree down, up a hill, and ended up smashed facing the highway. It was in between the East/West sides of the highway. God help the people in car, but it looks like there was a good chance they did not make it out of this one.

There was a newer Black Outback or Legacy Wagon that was pulled over before the fire trucks, could have been involved in the accident, or an EMT.

Just wondering if you are on this Forum, im just curious as to what happened, and if the people are alright.

Thanks

Guest Gitster
Odds of you finding out anything on here.......slim to none. Call the state police if you want to know if they made it.

Yeah I'm aware, but ill never know if i don't try.

It was really unbelievable if you drove past it, I have no idea how the car ended up where it was, looks like it must have been crossing lanes to the left and lost control at high speeds. It must have flipped, went over the embankment and up a hill, through a tree. The hill was so steep you could see the firefighters trying to figure out how to climb up it in the snow to get to the car, unreal. Its just probably the worst accident I've ever seen so Im curious about it.

• 3 years later...
I drove by this accident on 84 at 8 pm tonight. 8 state troopers were there, truck was facing the wrong way on the median and there was a body covered with a sheet. Watched WTNH news at 10 and they confirmed there was a fatal crash, but had not other information. I knew it was serious, too. Very sad.

Archived