LegacyGT.com

Sway Bar Bushes

PhilT

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ Autozone here actually stocks these on the shelf even. I was surprised to see it after reading about them. Only thing I'm not sure of is how well the straps fit our cars. I recall seeing some threads saying you need to trim down the straps because they're way too big.

^ Autozone here actually stocks these on the shelf even. I was surprised to see it after reading about them. Only thing I'm not sure of is how well the straps fit our cars. I recall seeing some threads saying you need to trim down the straps because they're way too big.

rear ones bolt right on the fronts need the front edge of the straps need appox. 3/8" iirc ground off or cut off at a slight angle to clear other than that no problems. grease well.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

What kind of grease do you use? I need to grease my cobb bushings, and actually just sent them an email they haven't replied to yet to ask what type of grease I should use. The stuff they sent in the clear containers didn't have any indication as to what it actually was.

What kind of grease do you use? I need to grease my cobb bushings, and actually just sent them an email they haven't replied to yet to ask what type of grease I should use. The stuff they sent in the clear containers didn't have any indication as to what it actually was.

i used the grease that came with the set i would guess any lithium based or water proof white grease should work

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Yeah, I picked up white lithium grease, which is most likely what I will use if I don't hear back from them. From research I've done I found that apparently petroleum based grease (like lithium grease) will degrade urethane over time so you're supposed to use synthetic/non petroleum based stuff. Only problem is nobody seems to know exactly what that is (maybe not a product you can buy off the shelf at all)

A common recommendation is "Blue Marine Grease" to give better life. I may hit up a boating shop and see what that runs at some point.

Amsoil makes a great synthetic grease. I used it on my sway bar bushings and when I checked them after a year, then two, they were still fine. All poly bushings. I use it wherever I need grease. I've had the same tube for many years.

OT but anyone have an opinion on AVO vs Cobb rear bracket reinforcement? Or are you guys just going naked with the Cuscos?

i have the AVO bracket as insurance so far nothing bent but then again i don't track my car.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

• 3 years later...

Anyone know if these will fit a stock front 06 LGT sway bar without issues? I want greasable but I the closest energy suspension greasable are 20.5mm.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038762PY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A2RF7IAU8285XR]Amazon.com: Prothane 19-1164-BL Black 21 mm Universal Greasable Sway Bar Bushing fits A Style Bracket: Automotive[/ame]

Archived