LegacyGT.com

Subaru Love/Hate

No problems with Nav because I use a Nuvi 350 :) I don't know, not a fan of NAV tied to the car when you can buy really high quality, extremely small/convenient NAV units. If they had the SpecB available w/o NAV at a correspondingly lower price, I might have considered it.

No rattles, and the stereo seems fine. In contrast, my MKIV GTI has the stereo wired wrong from the factory w/ speakers out of phase + was a rattle trap day one.

I definitely like/would consider an Audi A4, but looking at it objectively, I was out the door w/ TTL for $28k. Invoice on the A4's equipped with mid-level options (leather/heated seats/sunroof - but leaving off stuff like the expensive S-Line package) was well into the 30's for a 2.0T/6-speed that would have to get chipped just to make the power of the Legacy stock.

Are there better cars, absolutely. But, for what the Legacy costs, I couldn't find anything that delivered as much with a drivetrain I'd be willing to buy (RWD/AWD - won't do FWD anymore).

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nope, it just isnt great compared to other curent systems. Apparently Da Nile ain't just a river in Egypt with you :lol: :lol:

Says the guy who apparently doesn't have a clue how to use it and uses emoticons to back his point.:rtfm:

I use the Nav all the time and it works great. What else can I say except perhaps that I read the manual?

^ I'm also one of the few that owns an OEM Nav. That said, there are some things that I would change but I am amazed at how much info is on there and how many different ways there are to use it.

Nice use of repetitive keyboard strokes to bolster your argument.

And the 06 Spec.B is the faster OEM. That's just what the numbers say. Sorry it bothers you so much. Write SOA a letter and complain to them.

Dude I thought we were kidding around..why are you getting so defensive? Did you yourself create the Subaru NAV system:confused:

As for the SpecB being faster, I have agreed that it does seem to be the case at least for the 07s.

You must have confused me with one of your political forum boobs :rolleyes:

Your sarcasm must be lost on me. The 06 Spec. has the fastest published times. Do you dispute that? And no, I identified the correct "boob" unless you really were being sarcastic in which case I apologise.:icon_wink

BTW, aside from being locked out of keyboard functions (which really is a safety measure believe me) I've only encountered one specific legitimate criticism of the OEM Nav from a poster who was missing ONE feature that he had come to rely on with (an)other sytem(s). I offered him a work around that I have used myself. Then again there is the unthinkable, I can work the Nav because I'm super smart and you'd be the first to agree that that couldn't possibly be the reason. I say again, :rtfm: It even makes dummies seem clever.

Are there better cars, absolutely. But, for what the Legacy costs, I couldn't find anything that delivered as much with a drivetrain I'd be willing to buy (RWD/AWD - won't do FWD anymore).

I'd be all over a G35 or 335i, but the GT is the best I can do right now, and I think it's the best purchase for me and where I'm at right now. I may be able to stretch out for the G35, but the 335i is too much.

I'd be all over a G35 or 335i, but the GT is the best I can do right now, and I think it's the best purchase for me and where I'm at right now. I may be able to stretch out for the G35, but the 335i is too much.

I have already been down the G35 and 3 series BMW (not a 335) path... You are doing just fine with a LGT.

Me too. If Infiniti had made a MT G35x, I wouldn't be here.* That said, my Subaru is a great car and I'm very happy to have her.

*Send your complaints and/or suggestions to Nissan.:lol:

3. Cost: Yes, it was expensive. But, overall, it's supposed to be fairly inexpensive to maintain (compared to cars in this class)..........

Next time, it's definitely the A4 (or maybe the S4).

Cheers.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*breath, breath*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dude, having lived with an Audi and a VW for 7 years, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Archived