LegacyGT.com

Condensation in taillights after bumper repair?

dsmith

Hey all, I just got my Legacy GT wagon back from the auto body shop today after they repaired damage from getting rear ended last week. Instead of repairing the bumper as they initially thought they would, they opted to just replace it. Well, now I have noticed some condensation in the taillights. If I understand correctly, this is normally caused by a bad seal in the light. So is it possible that they damaged the stock seal when they removed/replaced the bumper? Or is there something else that might be causing it? I plan to call the body shop tomorrow to mention it to them and see what they can do about it, but I thought I'd ask here as well. Thanks! Doug

I don't think aftermarket taillights would be a good idea. The only ideas they have out there are nasty altezzas, and that is so last century. Take your car to the dealership and see what they have to say about your taillights. I don't know how taking out the taillight would break a seal, so maybe they dropped it or something, cracking it somewhere?
-ben

Archived