LegacyGT.com

Houston Rock Blocker location?

Txchas

I know Xtreme Tinting and Alarms does it. They are right at BWY8 and 59. Stafford/Sugarland area. There should be other vendors. Check with Rockblocker for a preferred dealer maybe?

Thanks for the tip....I'll give them a call. I already have experience with Subaru's thin paint vs. Houston freeways. My STi would have looked better if it had been sandblasted.

The owner of that shop did the rockblocker on my LGT. He was a recommended installer. Still looks pretty good after 3 years :)

Can you post any pics of what it looks like after 3 years? Did it keep paint chips to a minimum?

Thanks for the reply!

Responded to your PM, but I'll add my comments here as well.

I feel the rockblocker was a good investment. After almost three years a few bits of it have slight abrasions that likely would have resulted in paint chips without it. My wife has an '04 FXT without the rockblocker and its paint is in significantly worse shape on the nose. The LGT's paint also looks significantly better than my '02 WRX did with equivalent age.

It's been a while but I think mine was $50-100 cheaper. I bought the kit online and it was significantly cheaper than the cost my installer could get from his distributor. I think he shopped for a new distributor after he installed mine :lol:

• 2 years later...

Just a quick update, I returned to this thread looking for the info for a co-worker that just got a new Acura TL.

The film has a few nicks in it from the bigger pieces of rocks and debris, but over all, the car looks much better than any other car I've had after 2.5 years. The paint under the film is holding up great compared to my old WRX and STi paint after a couple of years.

I'll definitely get the Rock Blocker installed on all new cars from here on. Money well spent.

Archived