LegacyGT.com

Long Island Subaru dealers

Johnish

Just wanted to voice my opinion. I was looking for a new car to buy and was looking at a few different ones. Infiniti G35, Mustang GT Premium Convt, WRX STi.

I went to Metrix Subaru in Huntington, NY as I found online that they had an STI in stock. A blond salesman in his 20's or possibly early 30's approached me and I told him I was interested in the STI but didn't know much about it. I asked if I could take it out for a test drive and he told me no, only people that can drive an STI is one that has a deal with non-refundable deposit. I did have him explain the differential split and water sprayer.

Although I think the policy is bullshit, I did see a Legacy GT there. While I didn't want to 'ask' to test drive that car, or for that matter to deal with that dealership anymore, I left and went back on the web to do some research. I found out about the Legacy GT Spec.B.

I found out that Donaldson's Subaru in Sayville (exit 50) had a Spec.B in stock. When I went to deal with them I was very happy with the respect they gave me and the ability to test drive the vehicle. If you can't tell I purchased my Spec.B from them, well how couldn't I with such a good salesman :) (Bill Fenney rocks)

I guess that my appearance my have thrown the other dealer for a loop. I'm 33 but I guess I may look 25ish. Although I had a pre-approved loan in my pocket that salesman didn't look in my wallet lol.

I'm sure that many people have had good, great, wonderful, perhaps jubilant dealings with Metric and I hope people do continue to do so. But if a salesman doesn't treat you right, don't worry their is a dealership that will be more then happy to give you the respect and service you need.

Dealers don't suck, people suck.

Good luck to you and your dealings with people! hehe

-John

You are better off in the Legacy anyway!

Welcome.

On that note I had good dealings with Port Subaru in Roslyn and Universal Subaru in Woodside.

Universal is cheaper, but they clean the car better for delivery at Port.

X

---

Archived