LegacyGT.com

Resetting airbag warning light?

Seeking help from the learned masters:)

Just finished the last step in my audio setup, having the information panel relocator installed (thanks to those who suggested it). Everything works great and I love having my outside temp and clock visible again. However...

The "passenger airbag" light on the info panel and the "airbag" light on the dash came on the first time I started the car, and now they come on and stay on when the car is run. I took it to the dealer who tried a reset, which was unsuccessful. They thought it might be a loose connection, but before taking the dash apart they suggested disconnecting the battery for a few hours. Does this make sense? I remember when I had my Outback, I was able to reset the check engine light (cause by an un-tightened fuel cap) by removing a fuse in the main fuse box for a few hours, which didn't wipe out the fuel injection history. Is there an equivalent on the GT?

Dave

Hmmm- obviously the clock was disconnected when the unit was removed and reconnected. So it makses sense to disassemble and check for a bad connection...the relocator came with an extension cable- guess it could be a problem at either end. I hate electrical gremlins...

Thanks for the input

Dave

Well, basically there's one wire in the stock harness that's missing in the extension harness. Since we're talking maybe 4-5 wires max (haven't looked at it in a while), it'd be obvious which one wasn't there. Come to think of it, it may be a pair of wires that's missing...

Still, it's the same connector missing a wire or two.

• 1 year later...

Archived