LegacyGT.com

Mystery glitch?

wuodabiero

I need help. My Legacy (JDM-spec 2.0l BH5 twin turbo estate) has ran flawlessly for the one year I've had it until Thursday nearly two weeks ago. It fired up and died out after a few seconds idling. And that's been as good as it gets since. The dealers here first diagnosed a fuel pump failure, then airflow sensor failure, now they're stumped. Computers and sensors I'm told are all good. Rat droppings found in the engine bay suggest to them something might have been nibbled away. Any suggestions, please? Life without the GT is incredibly dull.

• 1 month later...
i had a problem i think might be similar. when filling the gas tank, there is an initial pump shutoff point when the car has enough fuel. if you add more gas after that point (like rounding off your sale to the next even dollar amount), this is very bad for the car. that extra fuel you just added drips into the charcoal canister, which is part of your emissions system. i did this for about a year without knowing what damage i was causing. it got so bad, that my car (a 1992 legacy L) would barely idle.

Archived