LegacyGT.com

Stuck + CEL?

Zanatech

I was driving around on my lunch break and going through snow drifts (at like 10 mph no more than maybe 8 inches high) well i got distracted and slowed down to much and got stuck. I put the car in reverse and tried to back out it moved a couple inches then stopped. Same with forward. Starting in second didn't help either. Dug the car out (co-worker had a shovel) and backed the car out pretty easily. Soon after the abs and CEL flickered a few times. i went out about an hr later to check on the car cause i was worried, put the key in and started the car and now the CEL and ABS lights are constant on. I will call the dealership in the morning to see if they have an appointment, but what should i say if they are like well... you were abusing the car (i don't believe i was) its not under warranty etc..? any suggestions?

...Went on my lunch break. Soon after the abs and CEL flickered a few times. After I returned to work from lunch, I went out about an hr later to check on the car cause i was worried, put the key in and started the car and now the CEL and ABS lights are constant on.

read some more about it during one of my breaks, i guess it was due to will slippage. ill wait a day or two to see if it goes away. the cruise is blinking off and on. the awd light stays on for about 5 seconds when first starting then shuts off.

I did this last winter. Just disconnect negative battery terminal, step on the brakes for 30sec. Reconnect negative terminal. Done. Same thing if you leave gas cap loose.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

yes i do have the auto (sadly i would love a 5 or 6 speed, i can drive them fairly well when i drive one (never stalled or a rough start, not even the first time) but my knees won't allow me to have a car with a manual as a dd (stupid sports injuries....). i just started and turned off the car like 5 times and it went away, but the awd light still takes a bit to shut off when i first start the car (takes like 5 seconds), which i don't think is normal. owell hopefully ill be able to get a 6 speed swap soon (friend mentioned something about using a hand clutch on the shifter... sounds weird but worth a try).

Archived