LegacyGT.com

Anyone know the invoice price on a 07 Spec B?

psi365

I was just wondering if anyone on here knew the invoice price for a 07 LGT spec B and the invoice prices of optionns. I mean actual dealer costs, cause I've heard places like Edmunds an cars101 are sometimes off by a few hundred.

I appreciate it

Chris

I was just wondering if anyone on here knew the invoice price for a 07 LGT spec B and the invoice prices of optionns. I mean actual dealer costs, cause I've heard places like Edmunds an cars101 are sometimes off by a few hundred.

I appreciate it

Chris

Dealer invoice is roughtly around $31-32K i think. Factory invoice price i have no idea.

Ed

Dealer invoice is roughtly around $31-32K i think. Factory invoice price i have no idea.

Ed

I saw the pics of your spec B and had a couple of questions about some of your mods. Is the front lower spoiler a direct bolt on? I thought one of the pics showed you having the bumper off and someone saying about paint matching so do you need a new bumper cover? Also were did you get the front spoiler and 05 headlight assemblies? How much were the parts? I was going to get a Sti Limited, but something happened to my order. So I guess I am looking into a spec B and saw some of the things you did to yours.

• 2 weeks later...
I've heard places like Edmunds are sometimes off by a few hundred.

I've purchased 4 new cars in the past 5 years and Edmunds has always been dead on for me.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

plus there is going to be $1000-1200 in holdback/market support. i honestly dont see a dealer going into holdback on a 2007 Spec B at this time though unless they have had it awhile or it has become a 'step child' to them and they want it gone badly.

most dealers have enough trouble trying to get a regular LGT sedan, let alone a spec b for 2007 models.

I saw the pics of your spec B and had a couple of questions about some of your mods. Is the front lower spoiler a direct bolt on? I thought one of the pics showed you having the bumper off and someone saying about paint matching so do you need a new bumper cover? Also were did you get the front spoiler and 05 headlight assemblies? How much were the parts? I was going to get a Sti Limited, but something happened to my order. So I guess I am looking into a spec B and saw some of the things you did to yours.

the front spoiler bolts on. i have no idea what youre asking about with a new bumper cover. i didn't get 05 headlight assemblies. i ordered the front lip from gruppe S.

the front spoiler bolts on. i have no idea what youre asking about with a new bumper cover. i didn't get 05 headlight assemblies. i ordered the front lip from gruppe S.

In the pics of your install I noticed you took the front bumper off and didn't know why. Plus I thought someone said something about having paint matching problems (which could have been about the 06 spec B that was also in one of the pics). As far as the headlights again I thought someone in that thread said something along the lines of 05 LGT had clear lenses were the 07's don't. SO I thought you put a set of 05 headlights in your car. I greatly appreciate your help with the info. I am probably going to get a spec B and really like the front spoiler that is on yours.

Thanks again

Chris

plus there is going to be $1000-1200 in holdback/market support. i honestly dont see a dealer going into holdback on a 2007 Spec B at this time though unless they have had it awhile or it has become a 'step child' to them and they want it gone badly.

most dealers have enough trouble trying to get a regular LGT sedan, let alone a spec b for 2007 models.

Exactly, not until the 08's start coming...

THat's why the best time to buy a car is mid year, June/July... .Whatever is left, you can get real good deals on them, however you can't really decide color too much....

Good luck with your purchase man,

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

• 3 weeks later...
I should have updated this. After my Sti Limited situation happened, my next choice was a spec B (which became my only choice since I sat in a Wrx Limited and since it has the same interior my head hits the roof). The dealership never did give me an honest answer as to what went wrong with the Sti Limited, but I held the invoice for one of the two spec B's they had/have in stock. Hold back (from what a read in another thread and assuming I looked in the right spot) was $660. THe invoice price was actually the same as on Edmunds.com so that website is pretty darn accurate. Now it comes down to if I swallow my pride/principles and just buy it from that dealer knowing they flat out lied to me.

I should have updated this. After my Sti Limited situation happened, my next choice was a spec B (which became my only choice since I sat in a Wrx Limited and since it has the same interior my head hits the roof). The dealership never did give me an honest answer as to what went wrong with the Sti Limited, but I held the invoice for one of the two spec B's they had/have in stock. Hold back (from what a read in another thread and assuming I looked in the right spot) was $660. THe invoice price was actually the same as on Edmunds.com so that website is pretty darn accurate. Now it comes down to if I swallow my pride/principles and just buy it from that dealer knowing they flat out lied to me.

Well don't plot your revenge too quickly. You have to understand, lying and other underhanded business practices are par for the course at any car dealership. Manipulation is the key! My father in law sold cars for awhile...oh, the stories. Like the elderly couple who wandered into the dealership and told my FIL that he and his wife buy cars at invoice and would buy one today if he would drop the price to invoice. He took their offer to the sales manager who instructed him to alter the pricing sheet to show "invoice price" as invoice + 1k. At another dealership, the rally cry is: "We've got a lot of seats on the lot and there's an asshole for every one of them."

So, if you're able to get what you perceive <after much research> as a good deal then purchase the car. And, on your way out make sure to tell them **** you very much!

It was a very long story as to what happened with the Sti Limited that I ordered that I think I even posted here. The basics are that I work at a dealership as a tech. I worked on my gm's personal car and put about 30+hrs of labor into without ever being paid (and now our labor rate is $149 an hour). The gm left our dealership and bought a Nissan, Buick, VW, and Subie store. A few weeks after he settled in I went over for other reasons. In about 20mins I ordered a Sti Limited to my specs. After being on Nasioc I was told it wasn't going to happen so a week after ordering it I went over and asked if it went through in which I was assured it did. For 10 weeks I hear nothing from the dealership as to status of my car. I called over on the expected date of arrival to find that the owner isn't there and that there was a problem with my order. Two weeks later I finally am able to corner the owner(my ex gm who owes me 30+hrs) in which he said that two weeks before my expected delivery date Subaru canceled my order. Thing is 3-4 weeks before my car was supposed to show up a Wrx Limited showed up in their inventory in the exact color and options that I had ordered on my Sti Limited. They also suddenly had a Sti in the same color and options that I ordered on my Sti Limited too. So now I have to decide if I am willing to swallow my principals and buy a spec B from them for invoice (I compared the price on the sheet to Edmund.com and they came to the same invoice price).

It was a very long story as to what happened with the Sti Limited that I ordered that I think I even posted here. The basics are that I work at a dealership as a tech. I worked on my gm's personal car and put about 30+hrs of labor into without ever being paid (and now our labor rate is $149 an hour). The gm left our dealership and bought a Nissan, Buick, VW, and Subie store. A few weeks after he settled in I went over for other reasons. In about 20mins I ordered a Sti Limited to my specs. After being on Nasioc I was told it wasn't going to happen so a week after ordering it I went over and asked if it went through in which I was assured it did. For 10 weeks I hear nothing from the dealership as to status of my car. I called over on the expected date of arrival to find that the owner isn't there and that there was a problem with my order. Two weeks later I finally am able to corner the owner(my ex gm who owes me 30+hrs) in which he said that two weeks before my expected delivery date Subaru canceled my order. Thing is 3-4 weeks before my car was supposed to show up a Wrx Limited showed up in their inventory in the exact color and options that I had ordered on my Sti Limited. They also suddenly had a Sti in the same color and options that I ordered on my Sti Limited too. So now I have to decide if I am willing to swallow my principals and buy a spec B from them for invoice (I compared the price on the sheet to Edmund.com and they came to the same invoice price).

I think you made my point and then some. They sold your car to someone who would pay MSRP and then lied to you about it. What principle?....not to have contact or continue business with people that screw you? Well, we all get hosed usually sooner than later. It wouldn't be capitalism otherwise. You won't be inviting these shitheads to your X-mas party that's for sure. But it still comes down to your desire for the car and the perceived deal. I assume these guys will give you the best deal due to your status.

But why the switch in cars?

I think you made my point and then some. They sold your car to someone who would pay MSRP and then lied to you about it. What principle?....not to have contact or continue business with people that screw you? Well, we all get hosed usually sooner than later. It wouldn't be capitalism otherwise. You won't be inviting these shitheads to your X-mas party that's for sure. But it still comes down to your desire for the car and the perceived deal. I assume these guys will give you the best deal due to your status.

But why the switch in cars?

I don't think they sold it to someone else. I think they just ordered the wrong car altogether. They only made 800 Sti Limited's, 400 in pearl white, 400 in urban grey (the color I ordered). All have been delivered/sold already. So I can't get a new one since as of a month ago only 3 new ones were in the entire midwest region. I am sure that is now 0. Plus my head hits the roof so it is kind of mute. Don't like the blue explosion interior of the regular Sti. I am getting older and am liking more comfort options over speed too.

My dilema (getting over my own principles) is the fact I know they flat out lied to me after I went out of my way to help the owner of the dealership (he is the person I have been dealing with directly). I don't want to burn a bridge in case I need a favor either. I got to decide if I should call him out on the entire lie, shut up about it and buy the spec B (last time I checked they were the only dealer in the area that had a new spec B), or forget about the spec B altogether and look else where.

I like the Spec. B a lot! I think it would be a much more livable car in comparison to the STI Limited. Not as fast, but plenty fast enough. So, maybe all of this was meant to happen for you. I'm holding out for the '08 Spec. B cuz I'm not too crazy about the blue seats in the 2007. Also, I'm hoping the '08 will have goodies like HIDs and an improved NAV system.

I can appreciate your frustration about being jacked around by the schmuck SM. Can you slash his tires? Just kidding! Might confronting him be a way to manipulate a lower price on the Spec. B? He owes you for work and lied to you. If not, confrontation is healthy....at least you'd feel better. Obviously, this guy doesn't think much of you anyway as he's taken advantage of you on 2 occassions, so reputation/burning bridges may not be a significant reason to refrain from letting him have it. It will be interesting to find out how all of this unfolds for you. Keep me posted.

I've seen a pic that shows the 08 spec B's seats are going to be black alacantara. I just wonder which engine you are getting with the spec B (either the flat six of turbo 4 anyone know?

If they are as comfy or look like the new TT seats........definately a thought in my mind. I've got a pic of the new TT seats that I took with my camera phone, just don't know how to put them on here.

I would be getting one for invoice ($32k), but that is because I know 3 of the owners of the dealership. THey also screwed up ordering a Sti Limited for me. I don't know how much of a demand is in your area or the area you are looking. I do know they stopped production of LGT's to tool up and start making the 08's. So it's pretty much what's out there is it until 08's arrive. Spec B's around here don't seem to be hot sellers, so I would think you should be able to get one for $33,500 or better depending on options.

Reverend, you go to LF Subie? I just called them for one (family is down there)

Sooo I have been qouted 33-34k for a 07 spec B, is that about average? is it "good"?

Yes, went to Lou Fusz Subaru in St. Peters. Talk to Rich. You can get the price down a bit more than that.... try for 32k. ;)

edit: BTW, I had mine ordered b/c there weren't any left without a spoiler in the area available for a dealer trade.... I got the VERY LAST 07 spec B off the assembly line.

Archived