LegacyGT.com

Cobb Swaybar Fitment Problems Fixed

DogLeggGT

By reading through threads it seemed like there were two problems with the Cobb bars: (1) too short in front; and (2) rubbing problem in back. By late last year it seems that opinions in these threads have been that Cobb has adressed both of these problems. I had a guy at a Scooby tuning shop call up Cobb and verify that the problems have been fixed, and, indeed, Cobb says that they have.

Does anyone who has recently purchased the Cobb bars or with other 'insider' information know otherwise? :icon_idea

By reading through threads it seemed like there were two problems with the Cobb bars: (1) too short in front; and (2) rubbing problem in back. By late last year it seems that opinions in these threads have been that Cobb has adressed both of these problems. I had a guy at a Scooby tuning shop call up Cobb and verify that the problems have been fixed, and, indeed, Cobb says that they have.

Does anyone who has recently purchased the Cobb bars or with other 'insider' information know otherwise? :icon_idea

To the best of my knowledge the FSB is not fixed, they just redesigned their end-links to work with them.

I still like their FSB, but their solution should have been to get a better designed FSB.

RSB is 100% though now.

+1, plus some indicated that the FSB moved laterally in the brackets, causing skewed endlink angles and broken endlinks. I recently had my car up on a lift, closely examined the FSB mounting and didn't see how it could shift. There's a 'kink' in the FSB just inside both brackets which should have prevented any lateral movement. Are there multiple revisions of the FSB we don't know about?

+1, plus some indicated that the FSB moved laterally in the brackets, causing skewed endlink angles and broken endlinks. I recently had my car up on a lift, closely examined the FSB mounting and didn't see how it could shift. There's a 'kink' in the FSB just inside both brackets which should have prevented any lateral movement. Are there multiple revisions of the FSB we don't know about?

I don't think the FSB moves on the LGT, it may an an OBXT.

The FSB doesn't work all that well with OEM end-links as it puts them at an angle causing much quicker wear and a higher chance of them breaking.

The info from Cobb, via my tuner-guy, was that the Kartboy and Whiteline endlinks work with the Cobb bars (of course, the Cobbs too). That list might not be exhaustive, those were just the links I was considering using with the swaybars.

EDITORIAL: Being a noob to the tuning, for me the frusterating aspect of searching for a proper part is that aftermarket performance parts companies are basically playing with their customers' safety when a part leaves their loading dock and it's not up to spec. I don't know if a broken endlink or failed swaybar mount can cause a catastrophic problem when driving a car straight down the highway - let alone hard through a corner - but any part that's supposedly engineered to withstand the rigors of performance driving - especially on the street when there's the possibility of other drivers around - needs to be engineered in a way that simply will not endanger the driver or others. That said, we're probably not really "observing safe driving practices" when we push our cars with these parformance parts, but we are putting our safety in the hands of parts manufacturers whose top priority should be product tolerances when they know that a huge part of their customer base is on the street. Of course there is always the nexus of performance engineering, safety and driver competance, but a part sold to the customer AS IT LEAVES THE HANDS OF THE MANUFACTURER needs to be built to proper tolerances for both safety AND performance. I could go on, but I'm boring myself at this point...

Hmmmm, just my two cents. :icon_bigg I'm buying the Cobb bars.

Archived