LegacyGT.com

Swift springs....comfortable?

Yebbey

Ok, so I've searched swift springs to read reviews, but I can't seem to find many.

I've got some bilstein struts waiting to be installed, but I can't decide whether I'm going to put the htechs I already have on there or put some new springs. I'm looking for comfort first and then looks. I do'nt want anything that is dropped too low.

So can anyone with Swifts give me your opinion on ride quality?

I have the swifts installed for about a year now (on stock dampers). The springs are def stiffer than stock bot not bad at all. You'll notice the bumps! I think the Bilsteins would be great improvment over my slightly underdamped setup.

Would I do it again? Yes, def. The car behaves much better than stock. Nose dive is waaaay better Roll is improved.

The addition of the Cusco FR sways really helps roll and steering feel.

Just Do it!

Thanks Ed. How do you compare ride quality to stock?

hmm...from your pics, it doesnt look like the springs give the lower rear look that happens with the bilstein struts...

Both front and rear are lowered, if you see it in person, you'd agree.

Ride quality is much improved, before on stock bilstiens and springs, ride quality was floaty and vague and almost made me carsick driving on windy roads, with the swifts, much more firm and planted without being overly stiff.

Ed

Well, I know that both f&r are lowered, but it seems like the back is lower than the front many times, so I was looking for a springs that didn't do that, and I think I found them.

*edit* well now that I looked at more of your pics(Ed), some of them seem like it may be a little lower in the rear, but not too much....I'm confused on what to do again.

Hmm...well, I think you're the one with Htechs....so maybe we have the same taste in ride quality....I guess I'll have to wait and hear how the cutting of the front springs on the htechs worked out for people.

only thing i'm worried about in getting aftermarket springs on my stock struts is the stock struts wearing quicker... how much do you think it accelerates the wear of the stock struts (i.e. how long does it take to wear stock struts with stock springs VS swifts or H-techs? and would H-techs wear the struts less quickly than swifts?

only thing i'm worried about in getting aftermarket springs on my stock struts is the stock struts wearing quicker... how much do you think it accelerates the wear of the stock struts (i.e. how long does it take to wear stock struts with stock springs VS swifts or H-techs? and would H-techs wear the struts less quickly than swifts?

Not too worried about this, just another upgrade excuse:)

"sorry Honey, but they just wore out too fast. You know factory stuff isn't as good as aftermarket", blah blah, etc.:lol:

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

No; Swift + JDM SpecBs = :mad:

Well of course, cause the JDM spec Bs are more stiffly damped than the US bilsteins or US GT struts, my siwfts are paired the withe US bilsteins (JDM LGT struts) and they are a really good balance of handling, firmness and comfort. No back breaking kidney damaging ride for me.

Ed

Of course its going to wear stock struts faster, i think the amt of wear is dependent on the drop the springs produce

Drop with swifts > drop with H-techs = greater shock wear out with swifts

Drop with H-techs > drop with swifts = greater shock wear out with H-techs

Now i dont know how much the H-techs drop, so someone who does, plug that into the above equation.

Ed

I've got the Swifts on my 05 LGT wagon. I matched them with my stock struts at 22,000 miles and at 30,000 miles the struts are gone. Bouncing in the back. The spings lower the car enough to kill the struts quickly, and I only had 3 autocrosses on them and 8k miles. The front struts, strangely, are still pretty good; I attribute this to a greater loss in relative shock stroke at the rear compared to the front.

Ride is noticeably stiffer with Swifts, but tires make a hell of a difference, too. I went from the the stock RE92s to Yokohama AVS ES100s, 225/40/18, summer tires stretched over 18x8 wheels, and even with the stock springs, the ride was noticeably stiffer. Combine the Swifts with the Yokohamas and you can take a hammering on rough roads. My everyday tire choice now is for Kumho all seasons with softer sidewalls. Much softer and not much lost on everyday driving steering response. I save the summer tires for autox now.

Just finished my Swift install on the wagon today.

1st impressions:

Way better then stock. Corner by my house that is posted at 15mph, comfortable stock@35, now @55 w/Swifts.

Feel fore/aft pitch change more now. Car is following road better, body not floating over undulations.

Actually feels tamer on acceleration. 247whp/268wtq, stock springs puts you in back seat from dead stop. Now drastically less squat/dive moment=>better feeling of control.

So far, so good. Wife is out driving the wagon now, we'll see what her impressions are.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

I have them on my 05 GT wagon and the ride is comfortable and handling is much improved. Lowered front and rear abt an inch. Using stock struts. I'm considering their sway bars since I like the springs, even though they're pricier.:icon_bigg

Riding on swifts w/ stock shocks. Mucho improvement for my launches...and hardly noticed any harshness over stock. Of course I come from the Honda tribe...so I'm used to drop kicks to the kidney. Only been on them for 3-5k though.

IMHO, they're amazing springs

Archived