LegacyGT.com

Carpet hook popped out

Mines

Mine came with a metal bracket bolted to the seat rail and a heavy metal snap fastening to hold the floormat to the bracket... it doesn't go anywhere

I have the same thing. Unfortunately it doesn't do a thing for the all weather mats.

FYI if you go to the dealer they will replace it for free with a new hook that is actually larger then the one that comes stock. I had mine replaced when i was down in FL in the fall and so far its been fine. The one i had from the factory came out in like 2 months.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

• 8 months later...

Get one of the wall anchors that have the wings that snap out once pushed thru the wall. Drill a hole in the anchor's flat part. Put the screw part of the anchor thru the hole (a washer would be a good idea also). Reattach the 'wings' portion. Slip it thru the carpet (yes there is room below the carpet). Tighten the screw. Anchor never goes anywhere again.

Oh, yes. The screw might be so long that it hits bottom and might have to cut it shorter before 'installation'. Check this, but be sure to not cut it so short that you cannot screw the wings back on so that they will still fold ' closed' and allow you to slip thru the carpet hole.

Archived