LegacyGT.com

appearance mods on the outback

Hey everybody, Since the 05 Outback is so new there don't seem to be any mods out there yet. So I have figured if I were to make my car more unique I would have to focus on appearance and functional mods before I do any performance stuff. I have found a skid plate for the OB that is made by Primative Enterprises that seems to be a pretty nice piece and I was wondering if people out there thought it would be a worthwhile thing to get. Other condsiderations for mods I had was the STi sill plates, STi pedals and maybe the Momo shifter. Also I need to get a nice roof rack that will hold my snowboards and one for some bikes. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Guest *Jedimaster*
I think the skidplate is cool, but ultimately it's money spent better elsewhere. Go with the WRX pedals, which are better looking than the STi version (IMO) and check out some of my DIY threads :) Jim

I have looked at the King of Import stuff, and it's awesome, but some of the stuff is still really expensive. I really like the grill that has the little scoop in the corner. Another thing that seems uber cool is the JDM nav system, but again that is a litte out of my price range. I also didn;t know that any of the WRX stuff worked on the OB. What else is interchangable between the WRX and the OB since the WRX has a huge aftermarket right now? BTW- I'm a 20yo college student, so huge mods out weight my pockets :p . Just looking for stuff that will make my OB unique.

Guest *Jedimaster*
You can make a grill screen for the intercooler, you can use a WRX/STi uppipe. There's some other stuff, but it's late.

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='champagne 2.5i']I have the 2.5i , so no intercooler ('cause it's N/A), and no up-pipe. Thanks for the sugestion though. Yeah it is late, dark (and getting darker) and I'm still stuck at work.[/QUOTE] Oops- you're right- that was kind of useless for me to post. You could do some of the other stuff I posted as DIY's, like the exhaust, etc.

I just ordered the skid plate. I'll post pics once I get it and install it. Also, what's the deal with all these people charging so much for mesh grilles? When I changed my bumper on my Sentra to the SE-R bumper, the bumper was $175, upper and lower grilles were $329 each!!!! Someone on the Sentra forum made his own and they were pretty damn close. He sold them for $40 each and still made a profit. I'm sure something like that could be done with these Legacy grilles.

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='docsmile71']I just ordered the skid plate. I'll post pics once I get it and install it. Also, what's the deal with all these people charging so much for mesh grilles? When I changed my bumper on my Sentra to the SE-R bumper, the bumper was $175, upper and lower grilles were $329 each!!!! Someone on the Sentra forum made his own and they were pretty damn close. He sold them for $40 each and still made a profit. I'm sure something like that could be done with these Legacy grilles.[/QUOTE] It's because everything is imported right now and largely not available in the US yet. Give it a little time and people will be making them for sale for much less. I'm waiting for some nice replicas to come out.

That grill does look awesome. I have been dabating the importing vs waiting til after SEMA (this Novemeber) for putting stuff on my car. I think that SEMA should have a lot of stuff for the legacy/outback. I really lookforward to seeing the skid plate on your car Docsmile.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived