LegacyGT.com

Are my logs messed up.plz help

The Don

My car has been acting weird so i took some logs. im no xpert so my opinion doesnt mean as much. But it seems like something is deff wrong with it. If you could look them over an let me know what you think, or show me your log or how the log should look.

Im stage 2+ tdc protune. invidiaUP,cobbDP(catless),CBE, AEM CAI, Perrin TMIC.

Feels like there are surges in the flow of either air or gas.

on one log my engine RPM drops while under WOT than goes back up

my boost is up an down up an down...

an my first gear hits red line an cuts out untill about 4k or so than goes back.

Idk what ever help i can get will help thanks alot.

Since this is a TDC tune, you should go to their forum and get instructions for datalogging and then email the log to TDC for a map update.

You're datalogging too many variables so I can't tell if there are jumps because of the wide time intervals.

Also, don't shift during a datalog. I think a continuous datalog from 2000 to redline in 3rd gear would be better.

It looks like you have a little bit of knock in log 4 and 5. In log 4, between rpm 2966 and 3328 and in log 5 between 2530 and 2952.

I didn't see the boost fluctuations but that could be because of the wide sample intervals.

i think tdc is a lil busy i mentioned it before to them tho. ima get another log this weekend. what gears should i do/ what should be in the log so its not so much info..the boost thing im talking about..for instance in log 4..14.3...16.9...15.0...17.8...18.4...17.5...16.8...18.2...18.4...16.6...16.5...17.9

Thats my boost from WOT..it goes up, down, than boost goes back up???

I thought it was more like 10 14 15 17 16 15 13... unlike myn

Okay. I'm looking at log 4 right now (not spending a lot of time looking at it).

Yes, your boost is fluctuating.

Peak boost should be about 18.5 psi at about 3800 rpm which looks about right. It then starts to taper... which looks about right.

Then at about 3861 rpm, it increases to 18.28 psi. There's knock at this point. At the next time interval, your wastegate opens to 81.6 %.

My guess is that this is boost creep. It shouldn't go back up. If it kept going up, you could get more knock. It appears that your ECU took care of it by adjusting your timing, but yes, you should get this looked at by a professional tuner.

Actually, thinking about it some more, I don't think this is boost creep... Boost creep would happen after the wastegate was wide open and the boost would keep building.

Get rid of:

coolant temperature (make sure you are warmed up before logging)

vehicle speed (make sure you stay in 3rd gear)

battery voltage

exhaust gas temperature (we know you have a resistor)

defogger switch

manifold absolute pressure

atmospheric pressure (you can just write it down)

fuel temperature

fuel tank pressure

tumble valve position

fuel level

CPC valve duty

fuel pump duty

tumble valve position

accelerator opening angle

I was just checking the first file and if you check the throttle opening and the Accelerator Opening Angle(%) you will see that im WOT peddle to the metal....yet my car cuts out. As soon as i hit redline in first gear...BTW im in sports mode.

I just wanted to show this. incase no knows or understands what im talking about.

Didnt get the chance to get some logs this weekend but i noticed something else

under about 3/4ths throttle the car will boost lets say about 15psi..(normaly driving on the highway ) the car will randomly drop to 10 psi than go back to 15psi...almost as if something messes up the flow...it will keep doing it like every 30sec or min.

Archived