LegacyGT.com

2000-2007 seats (especially longterm wear)

bilzebub

Hi, I'm new to the forum but have a 2000 Outback LTD with Leather seats and with 260,000 km on it :) I'm thinking of buying a 2007 Legacy GT, GT Limited or spec B, but am worried about the seats: my Outback seats felt fine for 2 years, now they give anyone who sits in them, myself included, a real pain in the ass and back after 2 hours. When new, I could drive from Ontario to the East Coast no problems. Has anyone else had this issue (is the foam particularly biodegradable in the 2000-2004s or something?)? I've sat in the 2005 and 2006, and while they seemed ok, perhaps slightly better than mine, it's hard to tell without a nice long road trip and/or for time to tell. It's enough of an issue to drive me towards the VW GTi or the new Volvo C30 or something more well known for its seats, though I kinda have my heart set on another Subie otherwise. On an unrelated note, has anyone had dealings with Carter Subaru in Seattle, esp their no-haggle internet dept.? The price differential between the US and Canada sounds awful tempting to this Canuck... Thanks BilZ

Archived