LegacyGT.com

subaru and snow, like peas in a pod

typeSpeed

hmmm, drove to the NRA building today which by the way is normally a 10 min drive. It took me 35 because of all the morons on the road. Along the way, I saw the following:

1. Guy wraps car around light post on Braddock Road.

2. 4 car wreck on Braddock where an SUV had 3 wheels off the ground thanks to the white compact that was underneath it.

3. 2 minor fender benders

4. fool in a 4runner do a 360 right in front of me.

5. countless idiots doing <5mph on a flat straight road bc apparently cars like to spontaneously veer off into the woods.

6. a civic and a volvo spinning wheels trying to go up a hill.

I love driving in the snow, but the other people out there drive me nuts.

BTW, the "OMG, how'd he do that?!" look from the lady in the volvo was priceless... :o)

hmmm, drove to the NRA building today which by the way is normally a 10 min drive. It took me 35 because of all the morons on the road. Along the way, I saw the following:

2. 4 car wreck on Braddock where an SUV had 3 wheels off the ground thanks to the white compact that was underneath it.

5. countless idiots doing <5mph on a flat straight road bc apparently cars like to spontaneously veer off into the woods.

BTW, the "OMG, how'd he do that?!" look from the lady in the volvo was priceless... :o)

I know the exact area you are talking about, but yes people were idiots on the road and it never fails they always are. Its funny that the people with all wheel drive tend to take it a little easier even though our cars are little more capable then the rest

Semper Fi.

We were on Old Keene Mill Rd. last night going north from Springfield. Person next to us was spinning the rear tires of a 4WD Mitsu Montero. Either the transfer case was broken or the person was a moron and didn't switch over (guess which one my money's on) but they were having a lot of fun going uphill.

The Camry in front of us didn't seem to have huge problems though (got kind of stuck once but that was it). A lot of it has to do with the driver - some Accords were getting stuck, while others were getting along all right. The best was the Honda Pilot spinning its front wheels uphill and the Nissan Frontier off-road fishtailing sideways.

Yay for Subaru AWD.

Vale Rd. this morning I saw no less than 8 cars stranded on the side of the road on a hill. Hilarious. My LGT just climbed right up without a hitch.

I will say this though. I haven't really had much issues with the RE92s until now. They were good in dry, ok in rain, but just meh in the slush. They're ok if you drive very conservatively.

I will say this though, yellow fogs at 645 am are nice. They give a nice contrast over the stock white ones.

we got snow today down here in southeastern PA..FINALLY.

the g/f and i decided to go out and try out the cars in the snow for hte first time.

her video of me in my car is the only one worth while..i've had experience with AWD in teh snow before...but this was the first time i did it without snow tires...which i'd much rather have

heres hte video, it takes a while to load..so be patient.

http://media.putfile.com/legacy-gt-in-snow

warning- 25MB

looks like a lot of fun! Was there someone yelling at your towards the very end of the video?

apparently there was, i had my windows up so i couldnt hear :lol:

it was probly the guy in the backround who was clearing off his car.

• 1 month later...

Haha. Did you also mention all the morons on 495 going <15mph in a 55mph zone.

Archived