LegacyGT.com

Thanksgiving comes early.

I not usually one to post because I never really had much to contribute in the 1+ years of owning my Legacy. This board is one of the reasons for purchasing the car over the A4.

I recently purchased the COBB uppipe/downpipe, heatshield, and Megan Racing Catback. Never really being confident in my mechanic skills, I was ready to take it to a local Seattle subie shop for install. This would have cost me almost $800 in labor. I found a shop down in Portland to install for under $300, but that would have cost me more in missed wages.

I decided to enlist the help of two friends. One who has put twin turbos on his Z06, and another that owns a WRX. We put the parts on yesterday, and the install went off with only one minor problem. (broken bolt)

Why am I telling you all this? Well, I would just like to thank all of those involved:

My friends for help.

COBB for making good parts

Boostjunkie for the Megan Racing CBE

But most importantly, the people on this board who contributed so much technical knowledge to this install with previous postings.

You all have certainly brought a higher "giggle factor" to me when driving the car. The turbo spools up quicker, there is an increase in power, and the sound is just to die for. Now, I can't wait for the ECU tune. Maybe Christmas comes next month?

Can you tell us a little bit about how long it took to do, skill level required, etc?

Thanks.

We did the whole thing in about six hours, including lunch. Skill level was easy to moderate. All it really required was bolting and unbolting. It made it much easier having the help, because we could have an extra set of eyes under the car when needed, and hands to guide the sockets and wrenches in hard to reach areas.

The things that took the longest was removing and attaching the TMIC. For some reason, it just wouldn't come out, or go in the one tube. The other hiccup was a busted bolt attaching the DP to the turbo. It must have been damaged at original factory installation. Took forever to finally break it off the nut.

All in all, it was great confidence booster and a very worthwhile set of mods. My back aches now for all the maneuvering, but a day of watching football heals all wounds. I can't wait to drive to work tomorrow!!!

We did the whole thing in about six hours, including lunch. Skill level was easy to moderate. All it really required was bolting and unbolting. It made it much easier having the help, because we could have an extra set of eyes under the car when needed, and hands to guide the sockets and wrenches in hard to reach areas.

The things that took the longest was removing and attaching the TMIC. For some reason, it just wouldn't come out, or go in the one tube. The other hiccup was a busted bolt attaching the DP to the turbo. It must have been damaged at original factory installation. Took forever to finally break it off the nut.

All in all, it was great confidence booster and a very worthwhile set of mods. My back aches now for all the maneuvering, but a day of watching football heals all wounds. I can't wait to drive to work tomorrow!!!

Congrats on the install!

I installed my UP/DOWN pipes last weekend and flashed to stage II and have been smiling ever since.

You do not have to take off the TMIC to install UP/Down pipe :icon_conf

Archived