LegacyGT.com

Modifications to interior of 2005 Outback 2.5i

Fraberg

Does anybody else than me find it annoying with the lack of interior light on the 2005 Legacy/Outback with twin-sunroof? I find the excisting interior light to be too far back in the cockpit and would have liked one where the map-lights are in the front. Is it possible to let the map-light to light up together with the other interior lights? Have anyboby a description of how to do this? The other thing I'm not so satisfied with in my 05' Outback is the silver painted plastic everywhere. Is it possible to change the silver colour of the centre console with something a bit darker. I believe I've seen it in some models of the Outback?

Guest *Jedimaster*
There's fake wood that comes on the taupe interior cars. You could switch to that if you wanted :barf: You could try painting it, or maybe using some sprayon taillight tint to darken it a bit. Maybe they'll even come out with some cf pieces for it- that might look OK. I'm with you on the lack of a front dome light that comes on wiith the door open- it's annoying to have to hit the switch all the time. I was thinking of rewiring it, or maybe tapping the power wire on the rear light and then it would come on.

Archived