LegacyGT.com

Sound system in a Camry

executor485

Speakers, JL TR series 6 1/2 and 6/9 3 ways: How do these compare to MB Quarts of the same category, or even against the Infinity Referance Series? Also, does anyone have the ability to get them for a cheap price. onlinecarstereo has them really cheap, but if I recall correctly, JL doesnt warranty the online products or there is some complication with online dealers.

Head Unit: I want something that doesnt cost an arm and a leg, has 3 amp outs, built in HPF and LPF and sub control would be good... Ipod hookup is necessary... Also, if it had Bluetooth that would be good, but not a must. MP3 and WMA playback is also a must...

Also, the Camry has stock component speakers in the front, would it be better to keep component speakers up front, or to just get a good pair of 6 1/2's and a headunit that can setup a staging area where the sound isnt sounding like its coming from the floor?

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Speakers, JL TR series 6 1/2 and 6/9 3 ways: How do these compare to MB Quarts of the same category, or even against the Infinity Referance Series? Also, does anyone have the ability to get them for a cheap price. onlinecarstereo has them really cheap, but if I recall correctly, JL doesnt warranty the online products or there is some complication with online dealers.

What are your listening choices and what's important to you? For good well rounded system, give CDT a try. They've got a bunch on sale now. As for a 6x9, its mostly for bass and fill in.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1090

Head Unit: I want something that doesnt cost an arm and a leg, has 3 amp outs, built in HPF and LPF and sub control would be good... Ipod hookup is necessary... Also, if it had Bluetooth that would be good, but not a must. MP3 and WMA playback is also a must...

Those are a lot of features in a head, I'm assuming tuner and not a powered receiver? I didn't shop a headunit for my install so I'm not up to speed there. Can't go wrong with Alpine... A buddy has the Kenwood with all of these features for like 250. I'll ask him...

Also, the Camry has stock component speakers in the front, would it be better to keep component speakers up front, or to just get a good pair of 6 1/2's and a headunit that can setup a staging area where the sound isnt sounding like its coming from the floor?

Not familiar with the current imaging of the stock setup. Since it's such a popular car, find some kickpanels and do it right!

Archived